Chapter 20 - We can work it out

Chapter 20 

                “Am I worth the risk?

Lilah shrugged, unable to answer, so aware of his proximity, she could almost feel his pounding heart through the scant clothing between them, the one thing she could guarantee was that she trusted Quinn, with her life. Would he deliberately hurt her? She looked at those warm eyes, eyes that already felt like they were undressing her, burrowing through the layers of her defence, and felt a moan escape her lips, she loved him, all she could do was hope that he’d come to love her. Wasn’t it?

Hearing the sounds, a soft half whimper, Quinn knew she’d acquiesced, that she’d finally lowered her defences.  So he dived in like the ravenous man he was.  There was no softness, no tenderness in this kiss; this was a year of longing finally coming to fruition, for both of them. Quinn moved his mouth down to her neck, biting at the soft flesh there as Lilah threw her head back and moaned, meanwhile her hands were tugging at the numerous folds of the toga he was wearing, finally with a satisfied grunt the sheets came loose and she pushed the material away, inch after inch.  Still he kissed her neck, his tongue running along her collar bone, teeth tugging at the delicate straps of her dress.

                “Have I told you how sexy this dress is?” he croaked as he managed to locate the zip hidden under one of her arms. When she nodded, he chuckled against her skin, “but it’s not enough for me to want you to keep it on!”

Within seconds it was pooled around her waist, at the same time she eventually won the battle with the bed sheets. When Quinn lifted his head to look down at her newly exposed body, to drink in every inch of her, Lilah did the same, then gasped. Quinn was completely naked!

Her eyes flashed up to his and a shocked smile spread across her face, “all night?”

                “Commando?” he asked, still happily eyeing her full breasts in a pretty lacy white bra. Reaching to push the dress further down, he mumbled, “it’s quite exhilarating, having the wind blowing around your ‘parts’! But that’s why I was so long coming back from the beer garden. Nothing to hide the effect you have on me!”  As if to prove that it was a constant effect on her, he took her hand and placed it over him, closing his eyes as she circled her fingers around him, and he grew further in response.

                “Shit...” he murmured, “that wasn’t the wisest of moves!” He’d succeeded in pushing the dress over her hips, it was pooled around her feet, and he was now watching her every move. When he could take no more he scooped her up in her arms. “Where’s your bedroom?”

                “Kids!” she gasped. “Not good...”

Dropping her legs he let them slide down his body, loving the feel of her naked against him, but knowing that he couldn’t do more than enjoy just that. He was desperate to lay her out on a comfortable bed, explore every inch of her, and leaning his mouth close to her ear, he told her just that, but he also knew that Maria finding them would complicate her life, and there was something innately wrong with the thought of Freddy waking and him being in bed with Lilah.

                “So what do we do now?” she asked against his lips, her body still appreciating the warmth of his, wriggling like a cat against his hands.

                “Well, for a start you stop rubbing up against me like a rampant dog, or my resolve will weaken, and we don’t want that to happen....do we?”

Lilah shook her head half heartedly, “no...” Her hand snuck back below his waist and he grabbed it before she actually made contact.

                “Right that’s decided, I’m going back to the hotel, I’ll find some decent clothes, you can get dressed, then we can talk, and cuddle, and maybe sleep on the sofa together....and NO more than that. Ok?” He laughed when he saw her distraught face he laughed, “I’m damned if I do and damned if I don’t, hey?”

He'll come throughजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें