Chapter 29- I Wasn't Pining

Börja om från början

“Everything okay?”

I nod. “Yeah. I just…I mean after last night…” I trailed off. Okay, get it together Olivia. I let out a long breath and met Thomas’s eyes. “The other night you said It was up to me what I wanted to be. Is that really how you feel?”

“Of course,” he confirmed.

“And you’re sure you want to do this with me. You want a relationship?”

“Liv, if I wanted a relationship with anybody it would be you.”

I cleared my throat. “But I mean, I don’t want to force you into what you’re not ready for. I mean you’d only end up resenting me later and then we wouldn’t even be friends anymore, if we even were before. And that would be-”

“Liv,” he said, interrupting my embarrassing ramble.  “Be my be my girlfriend.”

I nearly lost my ability to speak. “W-what?”

“Will you be-”

“No, I got it. It’s just…I mean, are you sure?”

“More than I am about anything else,” he smiled.

My heart lifted. “Oh. Well in that case.” I leaned in and kissed him on the lips. They were warm and soft and not quite ready to release me when I pulled away. “Yes, Thomas Cavanaugh. I’d love to be your girlfriend.”

I wasn’t surprised to see we were the last ones to show up. The corner booth was already filled up with our friends, who were placing their drink orders with the waitress.

Farrah and Brody sat the end of the seat laughing at each other. Grace and Kyle and Jake sat huddle up together in chairs that closed what was the semi circle checking over the menus, while discussing some topic and across from them, next to Farrah and Brody was Sarah and Lucas looking lovingly into each other’s eyes. Both of them were smiling like a couple of love sick puppies.

There was just enough room at the end of the booth for Thomas and me to sit. He led me there and allowed me to slide into the seat first.

I’ll admit, I was surprised at his chivalry. This wasn’t a side of Thomas I was used to seeing. It was different.

“It’s about time you made it,” Brody said after placing our drink orders. He smirked, looking between Thomas and me. I blushed. “What took so long, man? Get lost in her mouth.”

I nearly choked on my spit and Farrah reached over and slapped him not so gently on the chest. “Brody.”

“What?” he asked innocently. “I mean, it’s not surprising.  All he’s done for past few months is pine after her and now that he has finally has her they’re making up for lost time.” He smirked again before Thomas shot his friend a look.

“I wasn’t pining. I don’t pine.”

Brody wasn’t falling for it and called him on his BS immediately. “Whatever you say, dude. I saw you after that day at the station. All of us did. We do have eyes.”

Then Brody looks at me and tries not to laugh. “And you “oh I love him” then “oh I hate him,” he mimics in a high pitched voice.

“I didn’t…” I started, but I trialed off. I wouldn’t say we love each other, but maybe it did go down a little something like that.

 “Uh huh,” he chuckles.

I glanced at Farrah and tried to hold back a laugh. “Mute your boyfriend.”