Chapter 7 - The Right Path Part 2

Start from the beginning

***

We arrived where Felt lived, and, honestly, for someone as skilled as her to live in this kind of place is... Worse than I thought.

The house was an old shack that looked like it could fall at any moment. The bed was an old green sofa, and there were three stones on top of the shack to hold a dirty white cloth from falling.

Subaru: "Someone actually lives here?"

Y/n: "And a child nonetheless."

We approached closer to the empty house.

Subaru: "Elsa hasn't already been here and trashed it, has she? I-It's fine, I'm sure... I don't smell blood. But it does smell like garbage."

Suddenly, a chilling voice was heard from behind as we turned around to see an angry-looking girl glaring at us with her fierce eyes. I guess that must be Felt?

Felt: "What do you think you're doing, peeking into someone's house? Sorry, but there's nothing worth stealing in there. Beat it!"

She held out a sword in front of us as if to threaten us to leave.

Subaru: "No, wait! That's not what we were doing..."

Felt: "Shut up! Don't argue!"

She said as she went for a swing, I took a step back and dodged it, the same with Subaru. Goddammit, this is the third loop, and it's going to end soon if we don't convince her that we're not enemies!

Subaru: "Whoa, stop... Calm down! This is no time to fight! Before it gets dark-"

She let out a smile as she almost decapitated Subaru's head. Her sword was stuck in the wood as she put a leg beside his head.

Felt: "Before it gets dark, you've two better be gone."

Subaru: "I told you, you've got it all wrong..."

She went to attack him again as I was started to get irritated by her. I know that we may seem suspicious, but what the f*ck, we have no weapons at all, and she decided to use a sword to attack us?!

Y/n: "Stop doing that and listen to what we have to say, Felt!"

I yelled as her body suddenly stopped, somehow... Felt looked shocked as she couldn't move, the same could be for Subaru as he carefully got up and moved away from her.

Felt: "E-Eh? What did you do to me? I swear... If you try anything funny, I will come after both of you!"

I don't even know what I did. At least, it felt like I was moving with the wind as they were guiding me. Looking at Felt's body, I could see some small green aura surrounds her. Is this magic or something?

Felt: "Let me go! I give up, so just let me go, ok! You can take whatever in the house, so just let go of me, I have a business to do soon, and I can't be late!"

Y/n: "Not after you listen to us first, Felt!"

Felt: "Fine... What do you have to say to me?"

Subaru went to explain the reason as to why both of us came here as she listened quietly and nodded.

Felt: "Ok, fine. I'm only interested in selling it to whoever pays most. By the way, can you let me go now? My body started to get hurt..."

Y/n: "Ahh... Actually, I don't know how to remove it, sorry."

I said with a shrug as Felt stared at me with a horrified expression that soon turned into an angry one.

Felt: "Who in the world doesn't know how to dispel their own spells?!"