"Midoriya" he's knocked from his trance, confusion obvious by his features, "You're not being transfered to Tartarus"

What?

"You're being released today"

Everything froze as his eyes widened. Getting out? He was leaving? Not being transfered and instead becoming free once again?

How? Why?

He was unable to voice his questions, standing still and searching for any traces of a lie. It had to be. Right?

No matter how hard he looked, no lie registered in his mind. Then he realised the wetness of his cheeks.

Izuku's hand moved up to his face, brushing his cheeks and feeling the warm liquid. He was crying? Quickly, he wiped the tears away. It was instinctual, not wanting to show the weakness.

The woman didn't seemed bothered by it, keeping her kind smile. She waited for him to collect himself before talking once again.

"You can use the phone to have someone pick you up"

Oh yeah. He has no one to go back to.

Wait.

There's one person. One group that will probably answer his call, probably answer and retrieve him from this hell.

He's showed the phone, and given privacy. An empty side room of the lobby, something that allows no one to listen in.

Dialing the memorized number, he waited.
______ ______ ______

Ringing enters the silent room. All those present tensing at the noise, before relaxing at what it was.

One person pushed themselves into a sitting position, grumbling and snatching up the phone that screamed loudly in the quiet space.

Unlocking the phone, he squints at the number. It wasn't registered in his phone, but he may as well answer. Tapping on the screen, he lifts the phone to his ear.

"Hello?" His tone is tired, seeing as he was resting.

It was silent for a moment, "Damien?"

That voice. Was it really him?

He sat up straighter, pulling the device from his ear and setting the phone on speaker mode. Everyone else needed to hear this.

"Izuku?" His red eyes shone with hope, hand that isn't holding the phone twitching.

Everyone within hearing vicinity perked at the name. And there was another long pause before the same voice answered.

"Are you able to pick me up?" It sounds like he hasn't been talking, sounds just like when they met.

"Of course, wait there, I'm assuming you're at the detention center"

"Mhm" was his answer.

The phone call ends abruptly, and the adult shoves the device into his pocket, launching himself to his feet. He ignores the words of everyone else, pushing past them and leaving the warehouse by foot.

Izuku was out.
______ ______ ______

He waited for a half hour. Sat in the uncomfortable chairs that the lobby provided. The woman who brought him left not too long ago to continue her shift. That left him with a few other people waiting in the lobby. But none of them looked like previous inmates.

He was so glad he was provided a change of clothes.

Izuku's eyes focused on the door when it opened, a small smile planting itself on his face at the person who entered. Out of breath, obviously ran here instead of taking a taxi, eyes locked with his.

Seeing the black haired male made him realize how much he missed him.

Damien was the first to move, dashing to him and engulfing him in a hug. It was tight, but brought some sense of comfort to the green haired male.

The embrace didn't last long. Damien pulling Izuku to his feet and urging them to leave immediately. Leaving would be better than staying any longer.

They left in a hurry, Damien not explaining where they are going. Izuku knows to trust him, knows from experience that he'll always try his best to help out someone apart of his family.

Peaceful silence fell over them, Damien urging him not to talk unless necessary. They'll need to get him back to talking again. Slowly this time as to not damage his vocal cords somehow.

Their walk ended at a warehouse. Covered by graffiti, old and new. Something felt peaceful about it, promising no danger, promising safety.

He enjoyed that presence.

Damien entered the warehouse first, allowing Izuku to follow after. He did so with no hesitation, but stopped in his tracks at who he saw.

It was as if his world stuttered to a hault.
________________

Published: Oct. 28, 2020

Here you guys go! Enjoy!