Thor x Carol - No More - part 1

Începe de la început

Depending on how long she had been there, of course, she should be healed by now.

Or had her powers been blocked?

It could be a real possibility, and it was the only explanation she could think off as to why she was in such excruciating pain.

A pained noise had escaped her lips and the woman had looked up, instantly grabbing a syringe and sedating her again.

The third time she woke up, she had cried. Carol still didn't know why she was crying, but she was sobbing, lungs burning because of the lack of air she was getting.

The woman had been there again, but instead of sedating or comforting her, she had rushed out of the room. She wanted to get up, to sit up, anything. But she felt stuck, her limbs in too much pain to move.

Why was she in pain. The constant pain made her scream even louder.

Until at some point big arms wrapped around her small, broken and fragile body and pressed her against something solid.

The arms were warm, and she figured someone was holding her, but it didn't calm her down. She tried to push away, resulting in a sharp pain in her left arm.

Not long after that she was sedated once again.

After waking up more often, Carol started connecting the woman - that was seemingly always in her room - to sedation and unconsciousness, and she hated it.

She always felt unsafe if the woman only glanced at her. She was still in an awful pain, but it wasn't as much as it used to be.

Eventually, one day, she finally realized where she was. Her vision had constantly been blurry or spotted up till that day, and she just hasn't been able to tell. But now she knew, and it scared her.

Asgard.

The medical wing to be exact. Had Thor taken her back to Asgard? But to what purpose? She just couldn't wrap her head around the idea. She had been in love with him, even when she had ended things. Did he still love her as well?

She had asked the woman, but the only thing the woman said, sounded like gibberish to Carol's ears. Had her universal translator been broken in battle?

Headaches started building every time she realized she couldn't communicate with the nurse. Of course an Asgardian wouldn't speak Terran English, or Kree, but maybe they spoke Basic. Not, apparently.

She had a universal translator, and could understand Carol perfectly, but in order for Carol to understand her, the woman should speak one of the languages Carol knew.

Every now and then, she felt a faint buzzing under her skin, just below her ear. She couldn't tell if it was scar tissue, or her translator that was broken and tried to work but just couldn't work, or if it was something else completely.

She had tried to use her powers, but she couldn't, it only resulted in pain, a lot of it to be exact.

After waking up crying for the umpteenth time, there had finally been a new face in the room. Or well, a new old face. Or an old new face... No, a new old face. She knew him better than anyone else.

Thor stood at the end of the bed she was laying in, and watched her. However, he didn't look the same as he used to do.

There was an immense scar covering the left side of his face. His left eye seemed bloodshot, but it might just look that way because of the scar. His hair was short again, which was quite a difference from the last time she had seen him.

He also looked even more buff than he already was. His bare arms clearly showing his veins, that had a weird blue glow around them, or whatever it was, Carol honestly couldn't even tell anymore, as dizzy as she was.