Part V.

Congratulations!
You're now at the last part of the story.
Thank you for reading until the end.
This is for you! xoxo

Part 5: Where's My Happy Ending?

Song included:
🎧 Back For You by: 1D 💙

***

The next morning, my sisters visited again bugging me about Jacob's engagement party. As what I did to Mama and Papa, I confessed everything to them. So, the rest of the conversations were full of crying, giggling and teasing.

At night, I called Erich and we also talked about the invitation. I also did tell her about my true feelings, all though I feel a li'l guilty on bugging her in the middle of their honeymoon.

As much as she wants to come with me at the engagement party, their flight is still next week and the party is already scheduled the day after tomorrow at the same place where Jacob and I got engaged.

Surprised? So am I.

I decided to wore a white dress instead of a black one as what Erich wants me to. I don't want to look bitter. I just want this night to be filled with acceptance and happiness for myself and Jacob.

Whatever happens, I promise to be happy even it breaks me a million times.

I just hope I can.

The venue is located at the beach resort in Dryhills. Together with my parents, we enter the resort and were surprised to see my two sisters running towards us from somewhere. They're both wearing casual dresses that flaunts their beauties.

"Ma! Pa! Marie!"

"Mary! Mara! Where are your husbands?"

"They're fine. The party's near at the shore. Let's go!"

Series of lights, flowers and people welcomed us. The sweet music is filling up the place and the cocktail drinks are already served.

Jacob and Avril who're together caught my sight amongst the crowd. I know I promised myself the acceptance, but I think it would take a lot of time for me to get used to in seeing them together.

My family were busy talking to a couple when I saw someone whispered at Jacob who found my sight right away. I saw him smiled but it took me three blinks before I quickly smiled back.

This is killing me! I can't even smile and be happy right now.

The lights turned dim and the music changed. Mama held my hand while everyone is busy finding their seats.

"Where are we going to sit, Ma?"

"We're not going to sit"

"Why? We're going to leave soon?"

"No, silly"

"Then, what?"

Suddenly, the mini-stage lit up and Jacob showed up with a microphone on his hand, singing a song by One Direction.

"Whenever I close my eyes, I picture you there ~"

"I'm looking out at the crowd, you're everywhere ~"

My eyes wanted to popped out when I saw him looking at our side while singing. He's not singing for me, right? He can't be.

"I'm watching you from the stage, yeah
Your smile is on every face now ~

"But every time you wake up
You're hearing me say ~"

I searched for Avril. I even looked behind me to check is she's there, but she's nowhere to be found by my sight.