Part III.

Part 3: Where's My Happy Ending?

***

"What took you so long?" Oriel, who's inside the car with her nanny ranted at Jacob.

"I helped your teacher and I'm driving her home"

Oriel face lightened up and there's no even a spit chance that he won't blabber something as Jacob drove off his car.

"Do you want to come to our house, teacher?"

Instead of responding to Oriel, I glanced at Jacob who just mouthed, "Sorry"

"You should come over to our house, teacher. Do you like dogs? I have three at home named Kevin, Nick and Joe"

Jacob smirked and I know what he's thinking! He knows I'm not fund of dogs which is a total opposite of him.

"I-I'll try, Oriel"

"Invite her, Uncle. We have no classes tomorrow and you're not going to work, we're going to start planting my flowers!"

Jacob smiled. "Mommy also wanted to see you if you have time. I think she misses you"

After our split up, I stopped visiting their house and I only got to see Tita in some occasions that our family is both invited or sometimes in church, but I always make sure our path won't ever crossed because I clearly don't know what to react or say infront of her.

"All right"

My family bombarded me with questions when they saw I was dropped off by Jacob's car. I know, even myself was surprised it happened.

Papa Joseph, "Was that Jacob?"

Mama Rose, "Jacob drived you home?"

Mary Rose, "Comeback?"

Maria Rose, "Or love for the second time around?"

Jackson, "Continued love story?"

Jakeriel, "Or road to happy ending?"

My lips parted in awe for a few seconds and shook my head.

"Please, that was nothing. He was just kind enough to drive me home"

But of course, they didn't believe that. I already explained why he was at school and mentioned Oriel but my family seems persistent that there's another score between Jacob and I.

The next morning, Joshua called me asking if I'm up for another date with him but I sadly said no. As much as I want to push myself to him, I just can't.

"I'm terribly sorry, Joshua. I like you, you're a nice and perfect guy. But there's something inside me that hinders me to like you more. I'm so sorry..."

"It's okay, Marie. I understand. But I hope we could still be friends?"

"Of course"

I heard series of knocks on my door. My sisters are both giggling when I opened it, only to find out that Jacob is in the house.

Why is he here?

"I went here to pick you up... I forgot to ask your number yesterday so, I'm sorry if I suprised you"

"It's okay, I'll just change"

Oriel welcomed me with a hug and her mother, Sam apologized to me for his son's actions.

"It's fine"

Her husband which is Jacob's brother, Neptune, smiled at me. "I'm glad to see you again, Marie"