Rolling my eyes at the nickname I say, " do you think that I'll ever be good enough to be as successful as my dad? "

Success is in the heart and eyes of the beholder. Why do you ask that darling? Don't tell me you forgot your promise already... 

" I don't know... It's just sometimes I get the feeling that people expect me to have my act together and be able to do the things he does. They don't ever really think that he has been perfecting what he does since before I was born. He works so hard... I don't think I want to work that hard to be perfect. " 

No one needs to be perfect dear, one simply needs to be one's self. Don't worry about what other people expect, fuck them. You live your life the way you want to. I mean you're already successful in your own way. Just look at the amazing dolls they made for you that every little girl owns. 

Now I'm blushing hard. Freddie curses a lot and sometimes it gets me in trouble.  " It's still so weird that there are toys out there with my name on them. And people like them I've even signed a couple of them in the box. I never expected anyone to actually want them. " 

Why are you so surprised? It's true darling, you have the same flare that your dad has. Everyone wants to know Bianca Jackson and have her doll. Hell, I even bought a few for mine and Jim's nieces.

" Really? Do they like them? " I didn't know he bought any. 

Of course darling. Would I lie to you? This is just the start of something big for you. I predict that your doll will be bigger than life by this time next year.

Now my head is spinning. " I can't even think about it! With school, learning all of these instruments, singing, dancing, and releasing a doll is crazy. Anything a year into the future is thinking too far ahead. " 

This is the life of a star darling what did you expect? And I also predict that your star will shine for many, many years to come. 

I hate it when he does this. It's not that I don't want the encouragement, it's just... I can't help but feel like people are pressuring me to be just like my dad. And I do love him but I see everything he goes through and I don't want that. They all call me a princess but I'm more than some title the media gave me. ( at least that's what dad says ) 

" Can we talk about something else? What have you been doing? " I ask wanting desperately to change the subject.

As a matter of fact, I'm just about to meet Rog for dinner. Her Majesty is recording a new album shortly so hopefully, we'll be coming back to the states soon. 

My ears perk up at the mention. " Really? It has been so long since I've seen you perform. I miss it. " 

You and I both darling. Now I have to go get ready for the studio. Let's hang up together okay? One. Two. Three. "

Sighing I put the receiver down. This is just silly. Why can't a grown man just say goodbye and be done with it? I may never understand why he does that. 

Looking at the clock I see that it's lunchtime and my stomach growls to prove the point. I don't know what I'm going to eat but it has to be now. When I make it to the kitchen granny is already there cooking up a storm. 

" Hi, granny. " I say climbing up to sit on one of the stools by the sink. 

" Hey, baby you're just in time. " She says setting a plate of tomato soup in front of me. " Be careful with this it just came off of the pan. " 

She's talking about the grilled cheese sandwich she just put on my plate. Yummy. I blow on my soup and sandwich to cool them down faster because Daddy wants to see me in the studio. He didn't say what it is but I love surprises so I want to hurry but I don't want to burn my mouth.

The food is really good and I eat it slowly. By the time it's all gone my tummy is full and I'm warm. Granny's food always does that. Rinsing my plate I rush down to the studio. I love it here. It just makes me excited for when I'm older and can work here myself. That's why I work so hard to learn piano and guitar. I really want to learn the drums too! I want to play every instrument I can get my hands on. 

" Hi, daddy. " I say rushing in.

 " I say rushing in

" Bianca come here. " Daddy says patting the chair next to him.

I sit down and he is still smiling big. " I have a surprise for you and you will never guess in a million ears. " 

" What is it? " I ask a little apprehensively. 

Laughing he shakes his head. " I got a call on the other line upstairs when you were gossiping with Freddie. "

" I was not gossiping with Freddie! We were talking about important things. " I defend wholeheartedly.

Laughing more he says, " that's just what I want to talk to you about. I just got off of the phone with Mattel and guess what? " 

" What? " I ask never knowing what they have in mind.

He waits a few maddening seconds before saying, " Oh I don't know... Maybe they just wanted to let us know that the Bibi doll has been named Toy Of The Year! " 

Toy of the year? What does that even mean? " Is that good? "

" Of course it's good. It means your doll was sold and loved more than any other toy in nineteen eighty-four. They're giving you an award! " He says hugging me.

Oh! Now I understand! " An award?! For me? "

" Yes for you silly girl. They're having a ceremony and everything. You're going to get to go up and accept it like a big girl. " He says making me freeze instantly. 

Shaking my head I say, " I have to go up on my own? " 

" Yes but don't worry we'll work on your speech. You'll be ready. " He tells me knowing that I worry.

I sigh and toughen up. " Okay... I guess if you can go up there by yourself then so can I. " 

" There's my girl. I'm so proud of you. " He says making me feel ten times better.