Chapter Three - Worry

Relax, Relax, It's not like he'll realize you're undercover and kill you!! Oh God what have I gotten myself into.

"Who's this?" Dae-Jung says with surprise that his brother brought a quite pretty girl along with him. Nonetheless he was a little jealous. .

"This is Hye-Jin," He says it casually like he didn't learn my real name on the horse ride over. Gyeong expresses a gentle smile. While I hear my name and give a polite and respectful bow.

"You were complaining of how you want a women guard. She is also quite an amazing servant!!" Gyeong praises me while looking up at his brother who's sitting on a throne made out of precious jade.

"Hye-Jin, precious and rare. . . You seem perfect, come here." I walk over to his side feeling my heart rate pick up slightly. I have my head low to show respect. He lifts up my head and looks at me.

"SERVANT!! Make her the head servant and my personal guard." He says.

The shy and timid servant responds hesitantly. "B-But Sir, What about the head servant now?"

"Are you questioning the my wishes?" He says with a cold expression. "N-No my lord. I'll be on it right away." She says and then quickly scurries away.

"You will stay by my side for the whole day," He looks toward his brother and then back at me giving his brother a cheesy smile. My sword is by my side and carvings on the words that read- "The way of the sword?" He says puzzled.

"Yes Sir, I know Geom. My grandfather taught it to me ever since I was little." I respond to his question.

"Oh, really. . . So you know Geom. Also self defense?"

"Yes Sir, I am prepared for anything-" I was cut off by the lord summoning two guards testing my true skill. I swiftly grab out my sword from it's protective sleeve, I dash in the middle of the two guards. Forcing them to aim at each other, when I see them both beginning to charge at me I duck down. Caught off guard they quickly run into one another.

Gyeong impressed, sends the two practice guards away and beings to talk. "Wow," he says a bit sarcastically  "You will be accompanying me dusk till dawn. We'll share a room even!" he says the last part in a joking tone, while patting me on the shoulder. I stood in shock by the sudden praise even if some of it was sarcastic.

"Bye brother." he says coldly and turns around. Gyeong gives me a wink, I return with an awkward smile. I scurry to follow Lord Dae-Jung to his room.

The room was fairly large, bigger than Dae-Jung's, but as expected for a palace. The headboard was detailed with carved birds. The room smelled like sweet tea. There was a painting of a woman on a wall. A servant walks in with a bed.

"Sir, what if rumors spread?" I say while the servant is patting down the pillow.

"That'll make things interesting here," He smirks. "Plus you're not the only one to accompanies me dusk till dawn." He takes a sip of his memil-cha "We have you now just because my lover is paranoid." He says letting out a sigh.

"Lover?" I say even though I know who it is.

"Yes, well, she was my brothers old lover. Then she left him for me." he says while spinning his little bit of tea in the cup.