~33~ Tears in tea

Start from the beginning

"To keep a more complicated story...more simple." Another sigh and the woman nods to herself. "I first found out about her...highness the night we were to leave America- met her the next morning. She was just as shy then and I didn't really think too much about her statements- how she wanted to go home." Her weak smile fades, hanging on by a thread that was quickly worn thin. "I made myself believe she was homesick at first, that it all was an arranged marriage she didn't agree to or want...so to help her calm down I told her to hang in there-" she pauses for another moment, a saddened look flashing in her eyes before she closes them.
"His majesty came down that night...told me he wanted me to help personally watch over her. And in truth I wanted to, to at least let her know she wasn't alone, so she had someone to confide in."
Marion takes a breath, shaking her head lightly as Lillian looks at the floor - Adelaide tilting her head as she furrows her brow and folds her arms, and Kate clears her throat softly.

The room stays silent in consideration of the females words - a way to let the newly learned actions of their ruler sink in before Marion turns her gaze between the three, speaking up with clear words.
"I know it's selfish but, I want to help her, make her want to stay because I know she's just going to end up getting herself hurt...she's like another daughter to me and I don't want to see her do something she'll regret. She's just so...she's..." the older blonde's voice falters for a moment and Kate glances at her, her blue eyes looking at the blonde's expression as she thinks.

"We could help her." Kate says suddenly, perking up as she hops off the bed.
"We could show her how much fun and love she could have here, with us and with his majesty. You've seen how perfect they are together, how much happier the king is when he's with her-"
She clasps her hands together, stopping in front of the older woman. "We could get her to stay, Marion I just know it!"

"Kate-"

"Please! Marion we have to try, you said it yourself she could just end up getting hurt." Kate interrupts the older woman, her brow creased at the younger female's...seemingly lack of concern.
"We could convince her to stay, with all of us. We wouldn't make it obvious, we would just be giving her a small push in the right direction- we could be her own personal cupids!" She says happily, clapping her hands together like a child.

"Cupids?" Lillian tries to hold back a laugh and Adelaide raises a brow as Kate turns to look back at them.

"Well we don't have to call ourselves that- we can be secret matchmakers instead." She nods slightly and Adelaide rolls her eyes, tilting her head to the side.

"Kate, you're missing the point. We can't force her to love his majesty." Adelaide responds, rubbing her upper arm and the young blonde waves her hands. "Especially-"

"But we wouldn't." She responds quickly, "We would just be...secretly changing her mind, in a good way."

"But what if it doesn't work?" Adelaide says simply and Kate's hands fall back down to her sides.

"Then..." she falls silent, her gaze falling to the floor before she looks back up.
"...then at least we can say we tried. It's better than nothing, and I don't want to see her getting hurt either."

°
°
°

~~~ Time skip ~~~
((Y/n)'s pov)

°
°
°

°°°