The pair carry on their conversation and I listen in with one ear while I let my thoughts wander to the quickly approaching matters of my charge.

My time in this realm was speedily coming to an end, I may not be done my charge just yet but it wouldn't be too long now.

Lincoln and Malcolm were working hard to bring about their clan, and things were falling into place far faster than I'd imagined.

It was only the matter of killing the vampire they called Diablos and I expected that would be settled within a few months.

I only had mere months before I'd have to return to Ythene's realm. But there was still so much left to do.

I entertained the idea of staying on longer but quickly banished the thought. If I ignored their calls -which would come- they'd send someone to fetch me and the last thing I wanted was Babis' knowing eyes here on Earth. 

He'd take one glance at Malcolm and know.

It would be safer to leave when my charge was completed. If I went without trouble, I'd be able to spin the events of my time on Earth to my liking without raising unnecessary suspicion.
Once that was handled, I'd return once I'd made the proper arrangements to keep Malcolm with me.

But even so, I still needed to teach Kalem how to mould another form for himself and ensure that he had full control of his elven gifts.

Then there was Malcolm. I could no better part from him than he could from me.

I'd realised that when he'd gone with Lincoln and Wequie to seek a physical start to their clan, and didn't wish to relive the distress that befell me when I was without my pisen.

My pisen... Ythene's mercy, they'd have my head at the palace for that.

"Is he usually this quiet?" I hear the incubus ask, "I know opposites attract and all that but yikes! Do you just talk to yourself most of the time Mal?"

"I speak when there's something worth saying," I say as I let my gaze fall into the small creature, "or when there's someone worth speaking to."

Malcolm snorts and Wequie laughs as well, he seemed like the type to not take anything to heart.

"Okay, so clearly I'm worth speaking to." Wequie declares with a happy cheer that causes Malcolm to roll his eyes. "But now that we've got you talking, why don't you tell us about life back home?" Wequie prompts with curious eyes. "Are there festivals like these? Do you dance around and sing music, or simply stare quietly at one another?"

"Oddly enough there is a faction which chooses to spend their time during festivals in an isolation space of silence." I reply which makes his eyes grow wide with a look of equal shock and horror. "Something tells me you wouldn't survive it for very long."

"I'd fucking kill myself," Wequie replies before he quickly corrects himself, "well, I'd try."

"What else happens in your festivals?" Malcolm prompts as he looks hopefully to me.

I hadn't given Malcolm much detail about my realm or myself for that matter, I'd only allowed him my affections.

It'd make it all easier if I couldn't return for him.

That was what I told myself when my distance made him upset and tore a rift between us. And yet I couldn't help but wish that Malcolm knew everything about me, as I did him so that he'd never be able to seek comfort in another.

The way I yearned to own every inch of Malcolm was unhealthy at the best of times, and at the worst...

"Our festivals are much the same," I say as I quickly glance around the open fields, "very cherry and free, almost whimsical. They usually tend to extend for a full day and are open to all."