The feeling of bloodlust

The sun golden rays had dimmed from coming through the clouds above. The crowds cheering could be heard like church bells before the match had .The light was perfect for both spectators and opponents. Or at least that's what Gehrman thought. Looking at both of the boys in their gym uniforms as they stood near the weapon rack filled with replicas of hunter weapons at the edge of the area. Deciding it was time to for the people to have their entertainment, he moved his hands across the wheels of his chair to turn them.

Stopping in between the two competitors, he took a deep breath through his nose. Hold his hand up the crowd went silent. He held the black object they called a microphone close to his mouth "Ladies and Gentlemen" his voice rang with somber excitement. "Good afternoon. Today we have a battle between two students. One from class 1-A Ryōshi" the crowd went wild are the mention of class 1-a. Putting his hand back up to silence the stadium. "The other from class 1-b Monoma." Again the stadium went wild, Gehrman couldn't blame them it's been awhile since he's seen a good fight in person. "The rules of this battle are simple, I'm going to repeat the the rules the same way I said to them. Both of you will pick your weapon and you will fight till one of you is unconscious, seriously injured or gives up. Let me add something there will be no ring out, there's no ring in real life so fight like your life depends on because that's how you will win. Thought if one of your attacks hit me both of your asses will be pushing daisies. Since Monoma is the challenger you get to pick your weapon. All these weapons have a second form. You have three choices the BeastHunter Saif, Saw Clever, and Hunter Axe. Which will you choose?"

The cocky blonde walked over to the rack of wooden weapons. Grazing over the Saw Clever his hand gripped it with strength and lifted up. He turned to Ryōshi had mocked "From what they said you use this right? What are you going to do without it? Whatever don't care because your going to lose " Chuckling while walking back to his spot he played with lever that allowed it to changed forms. "Hey Mr.Gehrman where did acquire weapon blueprints like this?" His hand was still playing with the lever. Stopping on clever for the reach it had an in a one on one fight reach matters. "I ain't telling you shit." Just like that Gehrman grumpiness returner.

Ryōshi's eyes analyzed both of the weapons left. Thinking that the axe was more easy to use than the originals weapons Gehrman given him. The moment his hand grabbed the handle it felt familiar, as if meeting an old friend. He felt a gap on the handle of the axe. It was like the calling to pull the gap apart. Not thinking it through, next thing you know his axe is twice it's original length but the axe's midsection had a very slight curve to it.

"Spin to win bastard!" Gehrman has yelled under his breath "what's that mean?". "Nothing you need to know. Now both of you take your position, the fight will start when the horn goes off."

Both of the teen took their place. Weapons clutches in both hands, eyes locked on to each other for neither wants to lose. " Errrr" the competitors raced at the other with the intent to win. Monoma was first to attack already putting Ryōshi on the defense.

Swinging the wooden clever like if it was giant knife, he kept hitting the area where his opponents hands are wanting him to drop his weapon. "Just give up already. You will only lose your pride and dignity not any teeth."

Tired of his cocky attitude he swung the long axe with a wide arc. Hoping it hit, it only punished him as Monoma ducked under it. His back now giving his opponents a free attack, he felt the flat side of the clever collide with his skull he tumbled a few meters landing on his back with his extended axe an arms reach away. The edges of his dazed vision had blackness as the bright sky blinded the rest of his sight. Hearing gravel crunch in his ears, the light of the sun was and in its place was that of the moon and a dark sky with no stars. Only source of light was the moons beam. Again the gravel crunched, standing up he saw a man with the same garb that Gehrman gave him in the middle of a town square surrounded by big dogs that looked malnourished and feral.

In the mans hands was same type of extending axe that Ryōshi was wielding only that it was of metal. He started swinging the axe with grace and beauty as if he was dancing. Each strike the man did had speed and power with elegance of a ball room dancer. He then started to spin an the axe followed his moves like a painter in the dance. As the man finished of the rest of the dogs he stopped midway through the swing, using the momentum from it he turned to go from a horizontal slash to a overhead chop on the last dog.

Turing around they came face to face. The man mouth moves to form words but none be heard at the beginning only at the end did he hear "You are a hunter and don't forget for we hunter do this out of the good of heart. Even people fear you always protect them. Don't let the hunt consume you. And as always Fear the old blood new hunter." With that the man disappeared in white mist.

Opening his eyes it looked as if not one second had past in the real world. Monoma was still far from him and he was still on the ground. The crowd was still cheering and Gehrman is still in his chair bored as hell. Standing back back up and grabbing his axe he

"You should give up!" Monoma yell across the
arena "I don't even understand how you made it into the hero course let alone class 1-A. Your joke I'll finish your pathetic dream of being a hero here." Monoma dashed at Ryōshi wanting to finish the fight now. Bringing his clever down on Ryōshi think he won, his eyes bulged as a clunk was made.

The axe's midsection has stopped the clever's advance. Looking his opponent in his eyes, he spoke with intent in his voice "I never said I wanted to be a hero. Truly I don't know what I wanted to become." He pushed the by off making him slide a couple meters. "But if it wasn't for my grandma I wouldn't have met Gehrman." He slowly approached Monoma as he walked back. "And just like Gehrman I will be a hunter. Even though the hunt has ended I will start a new one in this Day and age."

Rushing at the scared lad, he mimicked the moves he saw the man in the dream do but without the elegance so it was only ok hits. The axe's hits were landing and to viewers the bruises on Monoma were already present while there was only blood coming off Ryōshi's head. Wanting to finish this he tried to replicate the spinning movement that the man was doing. He spun three times each time hit the opponent. On the final spin he choped he stopped and was about to finish it with an over head when he heard

"Stop the match is finished!" Yelled across the whole stadium. He looked over and he saw Gehrman with proud look on his face. "The winner is Ryōshi with a knock out. "

Looking over at Monoma, he saw blacked out bruises and blood all over him. Leaving the area so the professionals can attend to the knocked out opponent. Though as he was about to exit he was stopped by A reported hanging over the guard rail with mic in hand "Do you have any words for the audience you would like to say?" Stopping he faces the mic and said "We are born of the blood, made men by the blood, undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. Fear the old blood." And with that he walked off into the locker room. The audience was left with confused look on their face. But to the man in the wheelchair he was grinning like a kid on Christmas.

(Tell me if there is any problems with pacing or other things that mess with the book?)