"leave me alone" i sighed.

"your food's out here, ight'? ima go get Nas up"

i know it was probably the dumbest decision, but i wanted her to calm down and wake up fully before we talk about this.

i made my way into Nas's room seeing he was already up sitting in his crib playing with his stuffed animal.

"wassuh' lil man" i chuckled as he reached up trying to get me to pick him up.

"dada!" he giggled touching on my braids as i got him out his crib.

"don't fuckin' pull them" twice now he's pulled the shit outta my braids fucking them up and it's pissing me off. i know he a baby but come onnn !

i brought him in the living room and put him on the couch turning the tv on so he'd stay there. he always movin' around when we not lookin'.

"you hungry, papa?" i walked back to him with some cut up watermelon and juice. he doesn't get that hungry.. he doesn't eat a lot so we try to feed him a lot of fruit cause that's what he really likes.

Ny started calling him "papa or papi" when he was born. her family would call her brother that when he was younger 

i didn't start calling him that until he was 7 months.

i put a towel under him so he wouldn't get anything on the couch while he ate and drank his juice.

no matter how much i tried to take my mind off of it, i couldn't help but think about what Ny was doing upstairs.

that's when she came into the living room with her hoodie up on her hoodie and her arms crossed as she walked into the kitchen.

"i'll be right back" i told Nas but he was too focused on the tv to even care.

once i got into the kitchen, i seen her pouring some water into Blue's bowl.

when she got her cup and ice tea, she went over to the counter and poured it. i heard her sniffling which meant she was definitely crying.

"pop.." she sighed as i wrapped my arms around her waist from behind laying my head in the crook of her neck letting me watch her do what she did.

"stop allat' shit" i pulled her hair out the way giving her neck a few kisses. "we needa' talk"

"i don't wanna talk about anything. i told you what it was" she turned to me

"yea? cause if you did then your eyes wouldn't be puffy and red right now" i sighed wiping under her eyes. "whatchu' not tellin' me?"

"can you please just leave it alone for once?" she mugged me.

"i'm right here. stop hiding whatever your hiding" i grabbed her arm stopping her from leaving the area we were at.

"you've already heard it so many times! there's nothing else to say except that i'm stressed" she snatched her arm back. "being a mom is so hard pop. it's so fucking hard! especially when this is my last year in college" i sighed.

"i told you i'd take off more" she shook her head.

"pop we basically live off of you!" she pleaded. "i wanna make money! i hate that your money is like 80% of our bills!" she leaned against the counter bringing her hands to her face beginning to cry again.

a few months back, Ny's hair business wasn't running for awhile cause she was so focused on school and Taking care of Nas.

the money she made went down a lot and it sucked to see her like this now.

Ny's never been somebody to use me or anybody else for money.. that's probably why she feels so bad because it's what it looks like if you didn't know her situation.

"i shouldn't have to depend on you for everything" she cried. "it sucks and i'm so sorry"

i pulled her to me wrapping my arms around her as she cried lowly trying not to worry Nas.

i understand how hard this shit is for her.

which is why i gotta plan.

"stop crying, mama" i sighed lifting her chin. "i know it's hard ight'? you've never used me for shit. you got nothin' to be sorry about" i wiped under her eyes.
"i got an idea"

"what?" she wiped her eyes as i reached back pulling a paper out before handing it to her. "bird? what's this for?" she furrowed her eyebrows looking up at me.

"i been tellin' you that yo voice is amazing, Ny.
i want the world to tell you" i took the paper putting it on the counter. "i showed bird a video of you singing" her eyes widened. "he wants to sign you"

"w-what?"

"you heard me" she shook her head.

"i've never even made music! a music video either! i thought you needed that to get signed"

"you know that event roddy got goin' on soon?" she nodded. "he wants you to be his opening song where bird will introduce you as his new up an coming artist"

"your lying"

"bae why the fuck would i lie" i chuckled. "this yo chance babe. take it"

"what if i don't like it?"

"then you can just have it there for when you want it. bird knows your situation and he loves the fuck outta you and Vanessa. he's tryna make sure you straight"

"you sure i should do it?" i nodded.

"no fuckin' doubt"

she better take it cause i got a big ass surprise for her.

tired of being where we at.

so i'm taking the next step in our relationship.

———————————————————————————

- What y'all think he surprising her wit 👀?

- how y'all feel about Ny's situation? should she take the offer?