chapter 3

'Bloody hell, that was hilarious.' Fred says, slumping down on the sofa, chuckling to himself. 

'The look on his face was priceless!' I answer, laughing with the twins.

Students began to pile into the common room and finding seats anywhere they could. I know as soon as the other Gryffindors start talking, Fred and George's ego would be inflated like a helium balloon. I'm instantly proven right as we are bombarded with praise and the cocky grins on the Weasley twins faces grow. Not wanting to be sitting in the middle of this, I get up and walk towards the stairs.

'Oi Y/N, where are you going?' George asks, confused.

'Don't worry, I'll see you next class.' 

He immediatly turns back to Lee and tells him everything. I just brush it off and walk to my dorm. It's empty, just like I expected. Sitting down on my bed, I start to get lost in my thoughts but not long after, my door opens.

'Hey Y/N, you ok?'

It's none other than Fred Weasley. 

'Yeah, I just didn't really fancy being in the spotlight right now.' He chuckles and sits next to me. 

'Well, I think George enjoys it.' he says softly.

I rest my head on his shoulder and smile. 'Yeah, he's always liked the attention.' I replied. 

Leaning his head on top of mine, we sit in silence but it's far from awkward.

I'm comfortable around him, he's been my best friend since first year. He and George came and sat next to me at the feast. We've been best friends ever since. 

                                                                                            ***

A couple days have passed and the twins claimed to have had a great prank idea.

'Please tell me I heard that wrong. You want to blow up a toilet?'

'No, you heard us right.' George tells me proudly. 

'Why?' 

'So we can send the seat back to Ginny.' 

This sends me into a fit of laughter I can't stop. 

'You two are really something else.' I tell them after calming down. 

'So you'll help?'

' Why not? I've got nothing better to do.'

They smile brightly at me before they say 'Great!'

We make our way to the great hall for breakfast. Taking a seat in between the twins, I sneakily steal some toast from Fred's plate. He gives me a sad pout, I roll my eyes and laugh. 

'What's our first lesson?' George asks, digging in to his food.

'Transfiguration, McGonagall better not give us homework.' I reply.  

                                                                                            ***

As I fill up my golden plate at the Gryffindor table, I chat with the twins mindlessly. Fred and George crack a joke at any chance they get. I spend the whole time laughing and messing around with them. Dumbledore dismisses us and instead of going to our dorms, we quickly go to hide in the girls bathroom. As we open the door, we realised we forgot about one person. Moaning Myrtle.

Myrtle just stares at us as we walk in.
'Oh, hi Myrtle.' George greets her and she stares confused.
'What are you doing here?'
'Um...' I turn to the twins, trying to come up with a believable lie.
'We just came to... do some homework.' George says.
She doesn't look convinced. 'In the bathroom?'
'We don't want any distractions.' Fred says smoothly.
For a minute, it looks like she won't believe us. 

'Fine, just leave my toilet alone.' We just smile as she leaves.

'Gladly!' I say as soon as she's out of earshot making Fred and George laugh. 

We walk over to the end cubicle and push open the door.
'George, if you will.' Fred says. George holds up his wand and aims it at the toilet before he says, 'Bombarda.'
Green sparks shoot out his wand and we get pushed back slightly from the force of the explosion.
I grab the seat and we run out the door, checking for any sign of Filch or Mrs. Norris. When all we see is a silent empty corridor, we burst into a fit of giggles.
'Ginny gonna love this.' George tells us.
'Molly isn't though!' I reply, laughing.
Our smiles drop as we hear shouting from down the corridor.
'STUDENTS OUT OF BED. STUDENTS IN THE CORRIDOR!'

leaving you on a cliffhanger because why not? i struggled writing this so sorry it's not the best. hope you enjoy it tho.

Jess xx