eight

eight;

eight;

After plenty of wandering around, turning corners, lost around this maze, the four finally found a stairwell. It was a bit more confined than the main one but this one would do just fine. They darted up two floors but were stopped when yet another steel gate had them locked back, a smaller group of people already there yelling at the stewards to open up the gate.

"Go to the main stairwell with everyone else," said the steward. "It'll all get sorted out there."

Jack was much too fed up with these stewards locking the third-class out, causing him to lose his temper and curse out at the steward. He grabbed a bench which was nailed to the floor, Fabrizio and Tommy joining in to help. They pulled with all their strength, the bolts popping off the bench and breaking it free.

"Move aside, people!" Janiyah shouted at the group which were still demanding the steward to open the gate.

Everyone quickly moved away from the gate, clearing a path for the three men holding a bench. They ram the bench against the gate with all the strength they had, which was enough strength because the gate jerked loose and fell toward the steward, barely missing him. The group rush outward, but they had no idea where to go to reach the boat deck.

"You better lead us to the boat right now," Janiyah growled at the steward. She could tell he was frightened. "If we drown here, I'll make sure you drown with us."

The steward nodded, obviously wanting to live as he agreed to lead the group to the boat deck.

"Hold on, we're not done here," shouted a familiar voice. Ray.

He appeared, immediately aiming for Jack and shoving him against a wall. Jack still felt enraged by the previous moment with the steward, and so he landed a punch on Ray's face for the first time.

"Ray, now is not the moment for this, okay?" Janiyah said, an irritated tone in her voice. She glared at her ex-best friend as she stepped between Jack and Ray. "We're all trying to survive here, so it'd be best to leave this for some other time."

"How did he get out?" Ray growled, "That kiss, that was a fake kiss, wasn't it? You just wanted to get the key out of my pocket! I knew there was something off about--"

"Ray!" Jack yelled, now stepping in front of Janiyah to face Ray. "Like Janiyah said, now is not the time for this! I'm trying my best to get her out of here alive, okay? You're not helping by doing this."

"Guys, you see that?" Tommy pointed out towards where the stairs took them downstairs. Water was rushing in more rapidly than they'd like it to. "That's water," he stated sarcastically, "and if we stay here a moment longer we're dead. We need to get the hell out of here and off the ship!"

Jack pulled Janiyah with her, now ignoring Ray. The red-head reluctantly followed along, the steward then leading them to the boat deck.

***