Chapter 16 || "He serenaded you?"

Start from the beginning

By the smirk on his face, I knew he meant it.

"God, I thought you'd changed." I muttered, nervously intertwining my fingers together.

Ashton let out a low snort and stuffed a handful of popcorn into his mouth, wiping the salt residue onto the fabric of my couch.

"People don't change Pandi."

I let out a small sigh and reached towards the bowl on his lap, earning a small slap on the wrist.

"Mine." He growled, hugging the popcorn slightly closer to his chest.

"Technically they're mine." I pointed out, attempting - once again - to take some popcorn.

Ashton swatted me away, turning around so his back was to me. He was smiling, but I was far from amused.

"Look, I just want to taste some salty goodness!" I groaned, attempted to reach over his broad shoulders "Just let me have some!"

"Pandora, fück off!" He laughed, struggling in my grip.

I carefully knelt up and reached over, my head level with his. He was laughing, his breath hot against my cheek.

"Seriously Ashton!" I exclaimed, stretching forward until my fingers could nearly touch the bowl.

Before I could even attempt to grab it, he grabbed my hand and yanked me forward, causing my stomach to crash into his shoulder. I let out a small groan as he put his arms around my waist, standing up so I was now hanging over his shoulder.

"Ashton!" I screamed, repeatedly beating my fists against his chest "This is dangerous!"

"It's a fireman's lift Pandi," he chuckled, slowly spinning us around "what's the worst that can happen?"

"I could fall and die?" I exclaimed, letting out a small scream as he quickly leant forward, causing my legs to go flying up into the air.

Luckily I was wearing shorts, so no-one had the privilege to see the beautiful virgin white underwear I chose this morning. If they had, I'm pretty sure I know what their reaction would have been.

"Put me down Ashton!" I ordered, trying my best to sound intimidating.

He just laughed, so I'm guessing that it didn't work

"Ashton!"

"Fine." He chuckled, carelessly tossing me over his shoulder to land messily onto the couch.

I glared up at him angrily, my hair a tangled mess across my face. He took a quick look at me and snorted, poking at an exposed area of my hip. I felt my face burn a deep shade of red and quickly yanked my top back down, covering my pale skin.

"You're a díck." I grumbled, tugging my hair off my face.

"I have one too," he smirked, sending me a cocky wink "wanna see?"

I rolled my eyes and sat up, crossing my legs beneath me. I was so done with his shít, and I think he could tell.

"Can we watch another movie?" He questioned, falling heavily down beside me.

I shrugged, taking a piece of popcorn from the table and popping it into my mouth.

"Whatever."

Ashton gave a small nod but didn't bother to turn the TV on, lounging back against the couch. His head was slightly resting onto my shoulder, his hand placed carelessly on my leg. I could feel small electric shocks running through my body just from his contact, my heart beating slightly faster in my chest.