Chapter 62 || "They're musicians not models."

WHO DONE THIS??!?

Cause I rlly want to thank them it is beautiful.

- Ashton -

"Where the fück have you been?"

Glancing down at my muddy clothes, I shrugged, too píssed off to reply. My adventure with Pandora had been eventful - to say the least - and finding our way back out the woods had not only been stressful but extremely awkward. Neither of us had wanted to speak in fear of saying something wrong and neither of us had wanted to admit to our feelings.

I was píssed she wanted to move, she was píssed that I didn't fully support her decision. We both knew it - we just didn't bother to state the obvious.

"Has anyone seen Pandora today?" Luke asked worriedly, his blue eyes focused intently on the bright screen of his phone "No one has seen her since Chuck's party and she won't answer her texts."

"She slept over at mines." I admitted, taking a seat next to Michael at the large table.

Unlike our last gathering, this one was situated in a proper office, with a few more people seated around the large table and multiple snacks placed in the middle - which Calum was hastily devouring.

"Oh... Okay." Luke mumbled, blinking repeatedly as if disorientated. He then quickly placed his phone down on the table, lifting his gaze to meet my own, his eyes slightly widening "You look like shít."

"Gee, thanks." I replied sarcastically, snatching a pretzel from one of the snack bowls and munching on it loudly. Harry - as fücking usually - shot me a judgemental glare, his expression slightly more serious than usual.

"Herc."

"Yeah?"

"Shut the fück up."

I blinked, slightly taken aback by his rude order. I had only been here what, a minute? What did I do to deserve his hostility? I obeyed his command anyway, the stony brown glare from the stranger sitting next to him causing my throat to dry.

Shít, this was serious.

"This is the boyband?" He asked sourly, his eyebrows furrowed together as if he couldn't quite believe it "Seriously?"

Michael's expression hardened, his body growing rigid as he glared at the unfamiliar man.

"We're not a boyband you fu-"

"Easy tiger." I murmured, placing my hand on his shoulder in a desperate attempt to calm him down. It worked - but only slightly.

This guy had really started off on the wrong foot, but I doubt that it mattered. We needed him, not the other way around.

"I promise, they may not look like much-"

"Hey!" Calum exclaimed, managing to spit out a large mouthful of crumbs in the process "Some of us have feelings!"

Harry shot him a pointed look, ordering him to shut up with his eyes to which Calum replied with a disbelieving scoff, but - like me - followed his instructions anyway.

"But, they really are talented." Louis finished, his expression laced with worry.

The man paused, taking another sweeping glance around the room as he studied us - taking in our features. I found it a bit stupid that he was judging our worth upon our looks and not our musical ability, yet I kept my mouth shut, clinging to the remaining shred of respect he had left for us.

I couldn't waste it.

"Why is that one covered in mud?"

"His name is Ashton." Michael spat through tight lips, not bothering to hide his disgust towards the man.