"Did you really have to scare Ron like that?" She asked giving them a puzzled look.

They both shrugged before saying in unison, "Absolutely."

** *

"You promise to write?"

She looked up at Aiden as he talked. He had a gray jacket tugged tightly around him to prevent the wind from piercing his skin.

"Of course, I will." She said pulling him into a hug as he kissed the top of her head.

She pulled away walking into the train trying to find the compartment with her best friends. After a few moments she spotted them with Lee Jordan, and Angelina Johnson.

"(Y/N)!" Angelina squealed as she spotted the girl, rushing over and pulling her into a hug. "Good summer?" She asked. (Y/n) nodded as she went into full detail of what her an Aiden did all break. She took a seat next to Fred, closing the door as she faced the young girl who was bouncing with excitement.

The group sat around talking about everything and anything. The conversation strayed to the classes they would be taking this year, to the Hogsmeade trip they would finally be able to go on, as well as their quidditch season this year.

(Y/n) was one of the chasers for the Gryffindor quidditch team, along with Angelina and Alicia Spinnet. George and Fred were the Gryffindor beaters, and Oliver Wood, the team captain, was their keeper. Since Charlie Weasley had graduated last year it meant that the team was down a seeker.

(Y/n) found out that she had a strong love for the sport. She felt so free when she would be on her broomstick flying around catching points for her team, as she passed the quaffle back and forth between Angelina and Alicia.

She had met Oliver Wood her first day at Hogwarts, who had taken her in under his wing as he told her all about the game. She promised him when she became a second year that she would try out and made sure to stick to that promise.

(Y/n) was so lost in thought that she didn't even realize she was being talked to until she felt a nudge on her side. She looked up meeting dark chocolate eyes.

"You okay? I've been saying your name for the last five minutes," Fred asked.

(Y/n) felt a soft subtle heat rose in her cheeks as she nodded. "Sorry lost in thought." She said breaking eye contact and looking down at her feet. She was usually a lot better at controlling her emotions.

She felt a small tug on her shirt as Angelina pulled her out of the compartment. "Come on, let's go changed into our robes," she said laughing.

As Angelina pulled her slightly along (y/n) noticed a particular red head boy. "Hold on." She whispered before entering through the door.

"You both might want to change into your robes soon. We're almost at the castle."

Ron looked up at the girl before nodding, turning to the boy with black tar hair in front of him. "Harry, this is my brother's best friend (y/n). (Y/n) this is Harry Potter."

(Y/n) looked up at the boy who awkwardly shot his hand out for her to take. "Harry! It's so nice to meet you!" she squealed trying not to act too excited as she shook the hand of the boy who lived. "Hope I can see you in the castle!" she said nodding before leaving back with Angelina.

After changing they headed back to the compartment with the twins as they all sat around and talked about the latest pranks they were going to pull.

Soon after the train stopped, and all the students were rushed off the train. (Y/n) took each step at a time making sure she wouldn't fall over. She felt arms wrap around her shoulder as she looked up to be met with Fred and George's smile. She took advantage of their closeness as she leaned in to their side savoring the warmth that was escaping out of their body.

 (Y/n)soon caught eye of Ron and gave him a thumbs up as he looked at Hagrid scared.

"Ouch you're stepping on the foot Angelina," George grumbled, causing everyone to laugh as they took their seat in the carriage. 

"Well if you didn't take up the whole space, I wouldn't have to, now would I?" She said in a teasing tone.

"I swear sometimes you act like a married couple," (y/n) said trying to not hide the giggle that was about to escape her lip. George and Angelina sent her a death stare as they mumbled no. Their faces turning a bright pink.

"I wonder how our classes are going to be," Fred said whispering in (y/n)'s ear. She felt a shiver go down her spine as she locked eyes with him.

"Do my ear deceive me? Fred Weasley wondering about classes?" (Y/n) asked giggling as she leaned into his shoulder for support. She hadn't even realized how tired she was until it had hit her. Fred leaned into her, wrapping his arm around her shoulder, and bringing her in closer to him.

"Ha ha, very funny. Hey by the way- "Fred stated but realized that the young girl had fallen asleep. He let out a sigh before turning to his brother and jumping into the conversation he was having with Lee. His arm wrapped protectively around her.

After a few moments (y/n) felt a small tug on her side. She opened her eyes to see Fred smiling sheepishly at her. "Come on (y/n) we're here." She just nodded as she put her hands in his as he led her down to the castle. She looked back to see George helping Angelina, as she too had fallen asleep.

They walked up the steps making their way to the Gryffindor table as they waited for the first years to be sorted. (Y/n) sitting in between her two best friends as they listened to Professor Dumbledore's speech. After a few moments Professor McGonagall walked up with a parchment in her hand as she gestured the first years in a small huddle.

"Hermione Granger," she called out.

(Y/N) looked out to the sea of first years as she noticed a small girl walking up to the stool. She had bushy brown hair and soft brown eyes.

"Gryffindor!"

(Y/N) felt herself stand up as she and the rest of the Gryffindor table cheered for the young girl. Fred and George screaming. The young girl took a seat next to Percy Weasley as she smiled.

"Draco Malfoy."

(Y/N) turned her attention back to the group of first years as names continued to get called.

"Slytherin!"

"Susan Bones."

"Hufflepuff!"

"Ronald Weasley"

(Y/n) and the twins sat up as they watched the youngest Weasley boy walk up to the chair. (Y/n) felt bad for the young boy. Terror stuck on his face as he held his breathe.

The hat sat on his head for a few moments before calling out "Gryffindor!" (Y/n) stood up bouncing up and down as she watched Ron's face relax with relief. The table screamed for the young boy as (y/n) got out from her seat rushing over and pulling the youngest boy in a hug.

"Harry Potter."

The crowd went silent as every head shot up looking at the young boy with black hair and round glasses. It seemed like everyone was holding their breath.

"Gryffindor!" The hat sang out as the Gryffindor table yelled out in excitement. (Y/n) gave Harry a reassuring smile as she locked eye contact with him giving him a thumbs up before the food appeared before them. Taking a deep breath (y/n) piled her plate on with as much food as she could as she dug in.

"Breathe (y/n)" Fred said laughing as he watched the young girl stuff her face.

"It's been so long since I've had this wonderful food," she said with a handful of food in her mouth. This made both twins laugh at her as they poked her in the side.

(Y/n) could not control the smile that was forming on her face. This was going to be a good year.