ACT ONE | CHAPTER TWO

TRACK: CARMENBORN TO DIE, LANA DEL REY

TRACK: CARMEN
BORN TO DIE, LANA DEL REY

•••

"i have very poor and unhappy brains for drinking.
i could well wish courtesy would invent some other custom of entertainment."
-w. shakespeare,
othello.

•••

DORM ROOMS.
THIRD FLOOR, SMITH EAST HALL.

AAKASH.

"GUYS, SHUT UP!" AAKASH YELLED. "EVIE! LOOK AT YOURSELF IN THE MIRROR ONE MORE TIME AND I'LL THROW THAT HARP AT YOU!"

"sky, sky, sky. calm down, darling," artemis cooed. she was perched precariously on the edge of the plush velvet armchair in her brother's dorm room. his roommate, sky, seemed to be losing all of their shit. and when you lived with apollo, there wasn't a single person who wouldn't.

apollo peered into the mirror, and ran a hand through his golden hair. caramel freckles were dusted along his nose and cheeks. he had stolen art's foundation to cover them up. it wasn't working. "hang on," he said. "i'm trying to cover this shit up."

artemis' brows furrowed. "the freckles are fine, eve. they look good. leave them be."

"you know how i feel about them," apollo mumbled quietly.

artemis gave him a soft smile. aakash looked at the twins. it was one of those looks they gave each other when they didn't want to talk about things so the other would drop it.

"jeez, sky, i'm done. look at me, handsome and shit," apollo said, bringing a grin back on his face and fixing the last few strands of his glowing golden hair behind his ears.

artemis had her hair pulled back, eyeliner rimmed touch me not eyes had hardened again. they shot knives at her brother. "hurry up, evie. you'll make us late! i'll do the concealer and shit for you next time."

"it's my birthday and i want to drink. i'm leaving with art," aakash said firmly. they smoothed down their light gray sweater. "his majesty can join us once he's done marinating in that wretched deodorant."

apollo spun like a prima ballerina, but without all the grace that makes one. "oh, shut up." he threw the can at his very, very exasperated roommate.

aakash sighed heavily and reached for their keys. "art, come on. we're leaving. i can't with this boy's ridiculous skin care routine or whatever else it is that he does."

artemis shook her head gently. "i vote we kill him. that way we'll never be late to any of our events," artemis suggested lightly to diffuse the tension. she picked up one of her brother's knives and feigned sharpening it.

apollo eyed his sister dangerously. "put my knife down or i'll throw your crossbow into the fucking lake, evangeline." he reached out to grab his knife from her.