After preparing, I put them at the tray and pick it up and go to Vanilla's room. I knock and knock until she grumpily opens the door.

"Yes?" Kinusot niya ang kanyang mga mata.

"Care for a snack?" I asked telepathically.

Nagliwanag ang mukha niya bago tiningnan ang dala ko.

"Sure! Come in, come in." Pinapasok niya ako sa kanyang kwarto at kasinglaki ng kwarto niya ang kwarto ko.

Inilapag ko sa coffee table ang tray at umupo sa single sofa na narito sa kwarto niya.

Tahimik kaming kumakain sa inihanda ko at parehong may malalim na iniisip.

I remember what Andromeda told me when I went to her garden yesterday. Yes, my soul was there the whole time.

"Let's talk about trust, Afianna. Shall we?" Andromeda started. "Who do you trust the most?" She asked.

"Family and friends." I answered almost immediately like I was already used to it.

"Don't you trust yourself the most?"

I stopped and stare at her for a moment.

"That's the problem." She pointed out like it was really a big mistake. "People tend to trust others but not themselves. But the time will come that there is no one can trust but you and yourself."

This topic is not what I expect when I got here, earlier.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

I can talk freely, without limit when I'm in her garden.

"Family and friends, you say? They can turn their backs on you whenever they want to."

I stopped again.

I know.

"You see, trust is delicate. Once broken, it shall never be fix again." She paused and sipped her tea. "Afianna, I want you to learn who to trust. Betrayals can be lethal, dear."

I nodded quietly. Processing her words properly.

"So, have you controlled your powers?" She asked again.

And I stopped again.

"No." I answered.

"Time is running, Afianna. Malapit na. You should control it by now. And there will be a day that you cannot lie about your ability. Be careful."

Alam ko kung ano ang ibig niyang sabihin sa malapit na. Pero mismong ako ay hindi pa handa.

Uminom ako ng gatas na inihanda ko at bumuntong hininga ngunit napatawa ako ng mahina nang magkasabay kami ni Vanilla.

"You okay?" I asked with a low voice.

Tumingin siya sa akin pero napatawa ulit sa nakita ko. Her eyes were pleading. Parang kakatayin na siya bukas.

"Afi, may taning na yata ang buhay ko."

"What?"

"Kagabi kasi, may nakita ako. Tapos binigyan niya ako ng death threat. Grabe, Afi. Tulungan mo ko." Tapos kinagat niya ang kanyang mga kuko sa daliri. "Baka mamaya o bukas o mamaya na siguro." She keeps on murmuring and mumbling about her death.