The Sea Scroll

I really do like these bouncing chapters, they're covering about a year a piece right now so you can see how he grows and what he learns.

4/2/2022

OO OO OO OO

Triton wasn't a frequent visitor to Percy's little river nook. Sometimes Percy might not see him for weeks at a time.

Percy knew he was a he because Percy had asked. Triton told him it was good to ask, because merfolk didn't just have guys or girls. There were also mernix as a third sex, and many more genders on top of it.

But anyways, when Triton did show up, he wasn't usually very talkative. But he did comment on Percy's powers, and seemed interested in what he was learning. He'd been very surprised when he was gone for a month and came back to find Percy making a dome around himself to walk under water (like Katara in the serpents' pass!).

Percy asked him one time if he was named after the Greek God Triton, like from his mom's books she'd read to him. Triton seemed to find that funny, Percy wasn't sure why.

Percy decided it wasn't too important and went back to mastering the tricks Master Katara used.

But a new problem had cropped up after so many months cleaning hit part of the water.

It was getting clean.

Which was good of course! He was doing good, cleaning the water, it was getting better.

But... he couldn't go elsewhere in the river to clean it. This was the only spot that he was hidden from view. And he was running out of stuff to clean.

Triton wasn't much help when Percy asked him, just said that Percy should focus on improving his control over water. And then he suggested Percy learn how to use a trident.

Percy didn't understand that, but it wasn't the first time Triton had suggested learning to use a weapon. Triton seemed to like weapons.

Percy agreed to let Triton teach him though, since he was so interested. And Percy got to show off his ice shaping skills!

He'd learned how to make bigger things, and made a trident. It only a took a weak to make one!

Though it broke easily at first... but he got better.

Now it could take a few hits before shattering.

OO OO OO OO

It was nearly summer, so Percy hid his warm jacket away in the back of his closet. He didn't want Gabe to find it.

The warmer air was nice to work in, but Triton also seemed to be busier.

He didn't explain too much about his job, though he did mention some celebration called Hom'amio Kalala.

He asked the fish what Triton did, but they just called him Prince and Lord, and said the celebration was very special.

Percy figured that meant Triton was an important Merman. He wished he could go to the celebration though.

He missed Triton when he was gone, he was Percy's only real friend.

And Percy had been expelled again, so he could've used a friend.

At least Triton wasn't mad at Percy for being expelled, he was upset with the school instead.

Triton thought it was the guide at the aquarium's fault for pointing Percy to pull the wrong lever. It wasn't Percy's fault that the class fell into the shark tank.

ATLOP: Trial by FireOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara