Yes sir, I can boogie

Finally, I managed to get this song to inspire me in something and not only remind me of "La casa de las flores" (which I don't complain at all because Virginia de la Mora is all I want to be when I grow up).

Enjoy it and let me know what do you think about it!

***

The lights of the place were dull; there were many people in the room with fancy dresses and expensive suits, all drinking champagne and laughing falsely about someone else's jokes.

The blonde in a white dress just watched over her own glass as people approached her, filling her with compliments, and although she seemed indifferent to them, she really listened to them with satisfaction.

It would be ridiculous for the highest-paid model in the industry not to receive the necessary attention in this type of event.

"Trixie, are you accompanied?" A journalist asked while he was preparing his camera.

The blonde only denied before making a pose exaggerated for him, smiling when he saw the camera flash and observing how men became more interested in her when they learned she was unaccompanied.

"Hey, can I order you something to drink?" Asked a man in a blue suit.

He was very handsome, and there was no doubt that he was also part of the modeling industry; with his lovely smile and gray eyes, it was almost impossible to think that a girl could resist.

But there was always the exception to everything.

"No," Trixie replied coldly.

That boy's smile faded and, he decided to leave when he saw how the others looked at him.

It was hard to think that in a time like the 70's a girl could stand out even more than men, and Trixie was more than determined to stand out for more than her beauty. It was true that being a model had to meet beauty standards, but she was more than just a pretty face. She was smart and could do the same as men and even better.

"Beautiful, maybe our next Marilyn Monroe," assured one man to another, smiling even though she saw them indifferent.

"Of course, there's no doubt; I would love to be able to work with you. I'm sure that my new line of bikinis would be exclusive to you, do you like the idea?"

She yawned bored, before shrugging her shoulders and walking in the direction of her friend Sutan, who was on the other side of the room.

"Are you the living image of an angel?"

Trixie showed her a little sincere smile before kissing both of the boy's cheeks.

She owed a lot to Sutan; she couldn't have made up without the boy's help. She would probably still be modeling for toothpaste and old shoe ads. If there was anyone who had a great eye for the future stars, it was no one else and no one less than this guy who designed boring suits and gorgeous dresses.

"I need a favor."

Trixie arched a brow.

"I met this girl the other day, and she's perfect for the industry, I'm very hopeful, and I think she could do it if I introduced her to the right people tonight, but," he took a breath of air before talking again "She's a bit shy, and I want you to guide her for a while."