chapter 7

I slowly open my eyes and immediately know I'm not in my own bed. The pillow my head is laying on smells like men's cologne. A faint apple smell actually. I recognize that smell, but can't place where I know it from.

I sit up, suddenly in a panic. I take a look around the room and don't recognize anything. This isn't even a Gryffindor room. There are clothes thrown everywhere and my gosh is that men's underwear?

I try to get up, but feel dizzy. I wince in pain when I stretch and pull up the sleeve of my hoodie to see long gashes. I don't remember a thing that happened. The last thing I remember is sitting outside and walking into the woods then nothing. I obviously got attacked by something. Looks like animal claw marks on my arm. I find a mirror in the corner of the messy room. My curly black hair is pulled up in a messy bun and there is a gash right through my left eyebrow. I reach up to touch the fresh wound that was obviously cleaned multiple times. My head is pounding.

I look down at my clothes and realize these are not mine. They aren't even girls clothes. I'm practically drowning in a black hoodie and grey sweatpants that are not mine. How? Whose? Millions of questions are flowing through my head and I start to feel faint.

All of a sudden the door knob starts to turn, so I run to the closet. When I step inside I am surrounded by robes. Slytherin robes. Wait.

"Bloody hell, Olivia come out here," says Draco with a sigh. I open the closet and step out slowly. He is standing near one of the beds with bandages in his hand. He looks me up and down and I feel self conscience. I look like I just got ran over by the Hogwarts Express. He looks as exhausted as I feel.

"What is going on? Why am I here? What did you do to me?" The questions come flowing out and next thing I know I'm fainting right into Draco's arms.

"You need to calm down and let me heal your wounds," he leads me to the bed and I sit down in front of him on the bed.

"You have a lot of explaining to do Malfoy," I say while he pulls out some bandages and a bottle of who knows what. I don't know why i'm not not in the infirmary. They could give me medication that heals me in two seconds.

"What do you remember?" He asks while pouring some of the liquid on a cloth.

"I was in the woods and obviously something attacked me, but how did I end up here?"

"You were attacked by a werewolf and more importantly Lupin." My mouth drops open.

"What? Lupin is here?"

"You didn't know? I figured you were the one who told him to come here that's why I brought you back to my room instead of the infirmary. I didn't think you'd want anyone to know he was here." He sounds just as shocked as me, but still calm. I am so confused as to why Lupin is here, but I'm glad he is because I have some serious words that need to be said to him. Also why didn't Draco turn me in? Why is he protecting Lupin or me all of a sudden?

"I had no idea he was here. Why didn't you just turn me in, why are you going through all of this when it would be so much easier to send me and Lupin to Snape." He gives me a sad look.

"This is going to hurt like hell, so squeeze my hand if it is too much." He brings the cloth to my head and I immediately flinch and grab his hand. It takes everything in me not to scream. It burns so bad. "I'm sorry," he says then pushes a stray hair out of my face. We look each other in the eyes for a moment and the pain subsides. He lifts the cloth from my wound. "go look in the mirror now."

I stand up slowly but already feel one hundred times better. He walks behind me over to the mirror and when I look at myself I touch where the fresh wound just was.

"It's gone, how did you do that?" I turn and ask him.

"I snuck some healing potions from the infirmary. I was trying to keep your wounds clean all night until I could manage to get some." He lets out a heavy sigh and sits back down on his bed. He was up all night caring for me?

"You never answered any of my questions," I say crossing my arms and standing in front of him while he sits on the bed. He motions for me to sit down, but I decide against it. My adrenaline has kicked back in and now I want answers.

"Fine. I was walking outside last night and heard a scream. I ran into the woods and saw Lupin on you, so I injured him slightly and ran over to get you. I knew it was Lupin because I saw him earlier stalking the grounds, but I guess he didn't get far enough before the full moon. Bloody idiot. I already told you I thought he was here for you, so I brought you to my room instead of the whole school finding out you were attacked. Now we are here and no one knows except us. Whenever I see Lupin I'm going to rip his bloody face off. I should've done it right then, but-" I interrupt him.

"Why are you protecting me Draco? First you say you don't hate me, then you are practically shoving me to the ground and now you are protecting me all of a sudden!" I start pacing the room and he stands up.

"So I don't even get a thank you? Snape told me to keep an eye on you and obviously you can't go ten seconds without doing something stupid or almost getting yourself killed!" He sounds angry now.

"A thank you?! If it wasn't for you Draco I wouldn't have to sneak around the castle every second of every day! If it wasn't for you Snape wouldn't have killed Dumbledore! Most of this is your own damn fault, but you are too full of yourself to accept that!" I'm practically screaming at him now. I'm frustrated with the constant stress that is my life. I'm frustrated that Draco Malfoy is a death eater. I'm frustrated with this strong feeling of need I have for him that I can't seem to shake.

"You are angry because I'm everything you were supposed to be! This was supposed to be you Olivia and you know it!" He is practically screaming in my face now and I can't control myself anymore.

"You are wrong Draco. What you are is evil and dark. I could never be you." I say this with a strong steady voice and turn to walk out the door. He grabs my arm and I turn to look at him. There is so much anger and pain in his eyes.

"Are you really any better then me? How do you think your friends will feel when they find out you allowed your parents to kill Potter?" He smirks and I pull my arm away leaving his room.

I walk as fast as I can to the Gryffindor rooms. How does Draco know that? Snape said we were the only ones who knew. Of course Draco would know though. Our families are practically inseparbale. I'm so angry. Beyond anger at this point. I hate Draco Malfoy. I hate that he confuses me in every way possible. I hate that I lost my closest friend from birth. I hate who he's become, but I also know he is right. It's who I would've become too if I wasn't in Gyrffindor. I would be him.

I walk into my room and sit down on the bed and put my head in my hands.

What am I supposed to do? It is too late to tell Harry and the others about my parents now, so all I can do is hope my spell holds up. The door opens and I look up startled.

"Olivia! You missed all your classes today, never came to the room last night, and we have the quidditch match in an hour!" Ginny stands in the doorway with her uniform on. Shit. I forgot about quidditch and did I really miss all of my classes? I was knocked out for longer then I thought.

"Sorry, I had an interesting night. Lupin is here." She frowns.

"You saw him? What does he want?"

"Well I kinda saw him, he attacked me in the woods last night during the full moon." I pull up my sleeve and she gasps at the scratches on my arm.

"My gosh, are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine, but I haven't seen him since. He is probably avoiding me now or decided to just leave."

"We can figure this all out later. Get changed for the game. I'm not even going to ask whose clothes you are wearing right now either." Ginny smirks at me and leaves the room.

I look down at my clothes and realize I'm still wearing Draco's hoodie and sweatpants.

Great, another thing I have to explain.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you so much for all the votes and comments so far!

Love you guys!

-Kiersten