chapter 1

It's my last year at Hogwarts. It feels like I was just a first year yesterday, confused and filled with overwhelming curiosity mixed with excitement. My first memory of Hogwarts is at the sorting ceremony. The moment that lays out the path for the rest of your life, the moment that defines who you are not only to others, but yourself. My mum and dad were Slytherins, so It came as quite a shock when the sorting hat stuck me in Gryffindor. The enemy, I was told my whole life.

I will never forget the collective gasp that filled the silence when I was put in Gryffindor. For a long time, I was ashamed. I felt like a disappointment. Growing up in a Slytherin household and being the only child, I was supposed to be the Greene family's Slytherin pride and joy. Instead, I brought shame and embarrassment to the Greene family name. At least that's what mum said when I came home for Christmas first year. That can sure damage an eleven-year-old pretty badly and It did.

A lot has changed since first year.

I'm a proud Gryffindor. My friends are my family and I go to the Weasley house for holiday now. They've basically taken me in as one of their own, despite not having red hair, but having curly dark black hair. Harry stays there a lot too, considering he doesn't exactly have any family left either. Not that I don't have blood family, they just haven't spoken to me in years. Once I decided to finally be proud of my Gryffindor identity my parents told me not to bother writing or coming home. Haven't heard from them since. Of course, It breaks my heart everyday knowing my own parents hate me, but...

"Ouch gosh, watch out Greene, Jesus, can't even watch where you are walking. No wonder your parents disowned you." I don't even have to turn around to know I just ran over Draco Malfoys foot with my luggage. I hear Crabbe and Goyle snicker. They've been taunting me since we were eleven. He taunts all my Gryffindor friends, but has taken special care to harrass the girl who was supposed to be Slytherin. Believe it or not we used to be friends growing up.

"Maybe if you'd be a man and offered to help me with my luggage instead of acting like a prissy little boy then it wouldn't have happened." I turn around and confidently make this remark while narrowing my eyes at his. I swear I can feel my eyes turn a darker blue, they do that when I'm angry. He takes a step closer to me, but before he can say anything else I hear my name.

I look past Draco and see Hermione peeking her head out of the glass doors of the train car where I see the rest of my friends sitting. I smile smuggly at Draco and he just glares, pushing past me along with Crabbe and Goyle. I put my luggage away and hug Hermione.

"Draco giving you a hard time already Olivia?" says Harry as I sit down next to him on the train.

"Nothing I can't handle," I say smiling at him. He looks tired. It's been a hard couple years for Harry after losing Sirius he hasn't been the same. Ginny sits to the right of him and gives me a halfhearted smile.

"I don't even know how they allowed Malfoy back in the school after trying to bloody kill Dumbledore and becoming a death eater," says Ron. Draco didn't actually seem to want to kill Dumbledore from what Harry told us of that night. Seems like he was forced into it to me and I feel kinda bad for him. That could've been me. A death eater, like my parents.

"Well they let Snape teach still and he's the one that actually killed him," replies Ginny.

"Snape swore his alleigence back to the Order and for some reason Lupin just decided to trust him again, which I can't understand. Plus Voldemort has been pretty quiet lately," I turn and look at Harry, "right Harry?" He looks lost in a daze while looking out the window of the train.

"huh?" he turns to look at me. "Oh yeah, my scar hasn't hurt all summer, which honestly makes me more worried."

We all agree.

The rest of the train ride was spent talking about our summers. I was with the Weasley's most of the time, but did a bit of traveling. Fred and George got to be a little much after two months of being under the same roof. I love them like my own brothers though.

Once we get to Hogwarts we all go to dinner and I sit next to Neville.

"How was your summer Olivia?" He asks with a cheeky grin and a slight blush. He's had a crush on me for a while, but I only think of him as a close friend.

"It was quite well, traveled around London for a bit! What about you?" I catch a glimpse of someone.

Can't be.

I get up while Neville is talking and start walking towards the tall figure with brown hair. I push through people and eventually catch up. I grab the figures arm.

"Cedric-" I almost whisper the name. Its's a name I haven't been able to say for years. The figure turns and looks at me. His eyes. My gosh they are Cedric's eyes, but this isn't Cedric and I knew that before I even left Neville at the table.

People are staring at us.

"No, uhm Liam. Liam Diggory," I stare at him for too long and I can tell he's uncomfortable.

"Y-you are Liam? His brother," I stutter. He is facing me fully now and I start to make out the small differences. Liam is lankier and slightly taller. His hair is longer then Cedrics, but those eyes. I can't stop staring at them.

They are his eyes.

"Yes, I'm a fifth year. My dad finally allowed me to come to Hogwarts. Took a lot of convincing after what happened to Ced-" he trails off and looks at me funny. "May I ask who you are?"

"Oh yes, I'm so sorry. Olivia. Olivia Greene. I was a friend of your brothers..." I trail off and I know I am leaving out big parts of who I was to Cedric. Of who he was to me.

"It's nice to meet you Olivia," he looks down at his feet nervously. "Do you uhm mind if I ask you some things about Cedric sometime. My dad won't really talk about it." I stare at him again and find myself speechless. I can't talk about it either is what I want to say. I honestly can't even look at Liam without wanting to crawl in the hole it took so long for me to get out of three year ago.

I look at his yellow tie, Ced would be proud.

I am about to respond, but then a loud voice is heard from the front of the dining hall.

"Ms. Greene and Mr. Diggory, would you like to take your seats so we can get started or am I interrupting you?" I turn around and my mouth just about drops to the floor. This is too much shock for one day. I move back to my seat next to Neville and he gives me a worried look. Harry, Hermione, Ron, and Ginny all share the same look of horror that I'm sure is on my face too.

"How-" I start to ask.

"I have no idea," says Harry. I spot Hagrid sitting next to Professor McGonagall. They both look straight ahead, no emotion on their face.

"I am Severous Snape, your new Headmaster."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi guys! This is just the beginning of this story and I am so excited to keep writing! I have so many plans for this book and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Please vote and leave lots of comments! I love to interact with my readers. I will try to update everyday if I can, but I am in college so please forgive me if I don't! Also let me know if you came from my tiktok page(: