Chapter 6 - Fight Night:

Start from the beginning

 But no, Ben just didn’t seem to care. He didn’t seem to care about the weekend. He didn’t seem to care about the game. Worst of all, he didn’t seem to care about me. All Ben Fletcher seemed to care about now was himself.

 Halfway through what would have now been about our twentieth game of snakes and ladders (yes it was that fun), Ben’s phone began to make a loud and obtrusive buzzing noise from inside his hands. With that he darted from the table, claiming it was something he ‘had to take’. Needless to say it was probably one of those popular girls from school who had been drooling over Ben since day one, the sort of people who  used to bully us.

 Seizing my opportunity to confront him, this time hopefully not catching a forearm to the face, I excused myself from the game pretending that I needed to use the bathroom. Not that the adults appeared to mind all that much, I think they were getting tired both physically and of getting beat at a game by a more or less professional like myself.

 Following the muffled sound of Bens voice along the long corridor, I followed it to the living room at the front of the house. When I approached I could hear him chuckle and laughing; turns out that Eddie Murray must have called him up, because that’s the only reason for such hysterical laughter. 

 “I better go before they realise that I’m gone” I heard him say as I crack the door open, “Hopefully next weekend I should be free, that’s if my mom doesn’t have another one of her stupid bonding sessions.”

 Outraged at what I had just heard, I pushed the door open fully as my blood boiled up inside me ready to explode. This confrontation had been weeks in the making. As Ben scrambled to put his phone back into his pocket, I could tell he sensed the anger that I was about to unleash, he knew me well enough, at least he used to. I was so mad, even now when he was being forced to hang out with me he couldn’t bear to be around me.

 “Since you have got back here you have been nothing but mean and rude to me, what’s your deal? Do you think you are too good to be seen with me now?” I answer before I give him the chance.

 “I…”

 “And another thing, I don’t care really that you don’t want to hang out with me, frankly I wouldn’t want to hang out with a self-obsessed pig like you anyway, we used to be best friends and now you look at me like I’m nothing to you, what’s different Ben?” I ask tears stinging at my eyes as I fight to hold them back.

 “I’m sor…”

 “Save it. I don’t want to hear it, you have been back for two weeks and haven’t spoken to me, don’t start now. Our parents apparently think it is a good idea to bond again and have gone to a lot of effort to get us here today, I don’t want to be here anymore than you do, but at least I try to enjoy it. You have sat in there all night texting who knows who about who knows what, rather than spending time with your mom and attempting to show some sign of enjoyment.” I say all in one long and continuous breath. “she deserves better than the reaction you are giving her right now, hell, even I deserve better than what you are giving me right now.”

“And another thing, if you don’t want to talk to me, don’t want to be around me, I don’t give a crap, just don’t attempt to be someone that you aren’t, Ben. I remember that kid who used to have acorn fights with me, helped my ride my skateboard and who was my first crush, not the arrogant asshole who is standing in front of me now. I miss him, I never stopped missing him but now he is replaced with a guy who thinks he is too good to even notice someone ordinary like me.” I conclude before storming out the door. “Oh and Ben, one more thing…”

"Yeah…?” He looks up, confusion mixed with a slight hurt stares back at me as he pushes back his lavish locks of blonde hair, perhaps hoping that I would crack and forgive him like I once would have when we were kids. Not now.

 “Get over yourself!” I finish, turning on my heels and heading towards what was my bedroom her. I had had enough of board games, enough of this weekend and enough of Ben, now I just wanted to sleep. Tomorrow, I would have yet another day to spend with Ben and our families at the Aqua Dream Waterpark, I would need my rest.

 I was glad that I said what I needed to say to Ben, he had it coming, and besides after this weekend, I would maybe never get the chance to say it again so, hey, I had to.

 My mind was in a spin as I lay down on my bed that night tossing and turning attempting to get to sleep in an unknown bed, but one thing was for certain, Ben and I could never be the same as we had been ever again.

Authors Note - Thanks for the contiued support guys! :) Mangaged to somehow get these two chapters done in between my crazy exam schedule so be proud! :P Okay...it might be procrastination but at least it is productive! Anyways, hope everything is going well with you all; I only have one exam left then I am free!!  :D As always, be sure to comment, rate and follow (it is important to me to get your feedback!)

As always, I am Jdot95 (twitter - @thejdot95 )

Competition Time:

In the next chapter of this story there will be a new character making a one time appearance, and I am giving you, my dedicated readers the opportuinity to name them! :) All you have to do is leave a comment next to this with a name for a character either male or female! I will pick the best one as the winner, didicating the next chapter and character to them! - Simple really! Good Luck!