Chapter 2-Fusion Master...Of Disaster!

"Give me a strong ally. Someone with the kind of power to help me defend time itself. This wish I ask of you,Shenron!"

"Your wish has been granted."

With those words, Rodrigo, a Saiyan from another universe, was called upon!

Rodrigo was surprised, and understandly confused, as he soon found himself a Time Patroller!

Trunks's wish, however,summoned the tailess Rodrigo to Conton City. Perhaps due to Rodrigo's unusually high power level for his age, his tail never grew, or so Trunks theorized. But, in truth, Rodrigo's trainer, Vados, had removed it!

"Now, we wouldn't want to  make a mess on Lord Champa's planet with a rampaging Great Ape here, would we?" she had told the boy, as she removed his tail!

Anyway, after becoming a Time Patroller, Rodrigo's power, already boosted from months of Vados's training, increased even more, both on missions, and by training with strong masters. He even became a Super Saiyan as a kid,much like Goten and Trunks!

Speaking of which, Conton City attracts people from various time periods and dimensions-including Gotenks, who's fusion didn't run out while at Conton City!

Usually, children aren't allowed as Time Patrollers. Rodrigo was a special case,due to being chosen by Shenron.

Rodrigo was shocked, as since Vados had taught him to feel ki, once he saw Gotenks on the Time Plaza...

"S-Such power! Who are you?!" Rodrigo asked.

"Yay! It's everyone's favorite, Gotenks!" Gotenks boasted.

"Gotenks...?" Rodrigo wondered.

Gotenks smirked as he looked at Rodrigo. "Heheh, I heard rumors about you. You're Rodrigo,a Time Patroller. So you fight masters of the past? That's cool!" he said.

Rodrigo smiled. "Yeah, I get real excited when I get to fight strong enemies!"

Gotenks nodded. "Yeah,I know the feeling. Me, they didn't let me become a patroller.Probably cause I am a kid! They said you are a special case, due to Shenron himself bringing you here...though I wonder why Shenron chose you." the fused boy wondered.

Then, he smirked as he had an idea! "Hah,I know! I'll make you my underling and train you since I can't be a patroller! My Fusion won't wear off here,so I can train you without any worries!" 

"H-hey now! I may accept to be trained and all, but a underling? I didn't agree with THAT!" Rodrigo protested!

"C'mon now, don't be in a rush to say no. Think of it, you'll use my Super Moves and freak out the masters on the past!" Gotenks said!

"Ehh.....okay, but we'll have to talk about this underling stuff later...." Rodrigo sighed.

"All right, let's spar! If you win, I'll accept you as my underling!" Gotenks said.

Rodrigo gasped,wide eyed! "What, you serious?! I have fun fighting strong enemies, but I don't think I can win this..." he said!

One might wonder why Rodrigo didn't feel confident in defeating Gotenks, despite being trained for months by Vados. 

The truth is, most of this time was spent teaching him the basics he missed up on while on Planet Vegeta, where he only had sparring fights with Kakarot and wasn't allowed to go in the most dangerous missions, so the Angel didn't have much time to begin teaching him more advanced techniques!

Gotenks laughed. "Don't worry, Rodrigo, I'm not going full power. After all, I could destroy this whole city if I wanted to! And if you win, I'll even teach you a cool skill!"

"Ehh......sure, whatever! Bring it on!" Rodrigo said.

Both of them charged their powers.

"Sorry for the wait, I'm Gotenks! You know how strong I am? Yeah, I'm pretty amazing." the fused boy boasted.

Rodrigo groaned as they fought-even holding back,the fused child was too powerful! It is a Fusion fighting a normal Saiyan,after all....

But giving up is not on Rodrigo's vocabulary! "Ka...me....ha....me....!! HAHHHHH!!!!" Rodrigo yelled, hitting Gotenks head on with the energy blast he learned from watching Goku fight, quite hard! (And yeah, he was shocked at meeting such a different version of Kakarot!)

The fused boy smiled. "Hey, you're doing pretty good! Tell you what, I'll let you be my number one fan!"

Rodrigo panted. "Don't...don't you mean your student?"

"Huh...yeah, that too." Gotenks nodded. "Alright, I accept you! Starting right now, you are my underling! I'm your boss....I like the way it sounds..."

"....Can we please drop the "underling" deal?" Rodrigo sighed.

Comically missing the point, Gotenks blinked and said, "Oh, you're right, this is no time to be impressed, I gotta be teaching you! I'm gonna teach you the Galatic Donuts. It's an awesome move!"

Gotenks taught Rodrigo Galatic Donuts. Surprisingly, it didn't take long for Rodrigo to learn the concept, and Galatic Donuts could also render the foe vulnerable!

"Now go master that before we continue! Hehe....pushing you away is my teaching style." Gotenks said.

"...I call it lazyness if you ask me..." Rodrigo sighed.

"Hey! I'm not lazy! But you aren't gonna learn if I hold your hand through any trouble!" Gotenks said, and Rodrigo decided to just ignore the obvious poor attempt of a lie!

"Now get outta here! I'll play with you again if you get stronger, good luck!" Gotenks said.

Of course, Gotenks didn't know Rodrigo would push himself far too much without supervision!