⋬five⋭

Waking up the next morning felt like bliss.

You relished in the feeling of Spencer's arms wrapped around you, amazed at how comforted you could feel by a man you'd hated months ago. When this little thing of yours began you figured it'd be a one time thing, not something where you were practically begging for him every chance you got.
You cuddled closer into Spencer's chest, wanting to have that extra few moments of peace before you had to leave and return to that aching feeling of loneliness.

Your phone ringing is what brought you out of your mindless stupor. You rolled over, letting the blanket fall below your chest as you grabbed it from your purse that lay on the floor. You quickly picked it up seeing that it was your boss from Undercover Ops.
"Hello?" Your voice was groggy, rubbing your eyes as you listened to his grating voice on the phone.
"Hey, hot stuff. You got a new assignment." You rolled your eyes and laid down on your back on Spencer's bed.
"Already? I just got off assignment."
"Yep, it's big. Like, Maxon's Mob big."
"Don't joke about that. I told you never to bring it up."
"Damn, sorry. Anyway, they need your cute little ass over here by 8:00 pm tonight for briefing." You sighed, feeling Spencer's head nudge into your neck as his arms wrapped around you.
"Fine. But why 8:00 pm? Usually they need me in by noon."
"High level clearance. They don't want other agents snooping around."
"Wow. So it's, like, a big job." You tried to suppress a giggle as Spencer placed small kissed against your skin, you mouthing a 'Stop It' to him when he looked up at you.
"Yep. So like I said, get your cute ass over here by 8 tonight."
"Can you stop flirting with me, Wilson? It's annoying."
"I'm not flirting, darling. It's just giving you a compliment."
"What it is is borderline sexual harassment. Bye Wilson." You hung up before he could respond.

"What's going on?" Spencer mumbled his words into your neck, you looking down at him as your hand tangled in his hair.
"I've got a new assignment. Apparently it's a big one they need all hands on deck for, so I'll probably be gone for a while."
"But you just got back." He grumbled against your skin, making you chuckle a bit at his almost neediness.
"I know. Hopefully it won't be very long." He kissed the skin of your neck, sending a wave of calm through you as you laid under his soft covers. "Funny, usually I'm the one waiting for a guy to call me back and now here you are practically begging me not to go."
"What can I say? I can't get enough of you." His arms wrapped around you as he pulled you on top of his body. In this moment, right here, surrounded by the cold morning breeze coming through the open windows and the dim light coming through the parted curtains, you could swear that you felt something unlike anything else. There was a warmth that spread through your body as Spencer's arms held you close, like he was protecting you from something. You reluctantly pushed your body away from his.

"I gotta shower. And you should get up, too. Can't stay in bed all day." You climbed out from under the covers, grabbing your clothes from the night before and carrying them into Spencer's bathroom with you. You shut the door behind you as your hand twisted the knob, the room filling with a mist at the heat of the water. You stepped in, your lack of clothes making it fairly easy to get ready this morning.

You let the water run down your body as you felt the muscles in your body relax, running your hands through your hair. You felt a pair of arms wrap around your from behind, tilting your head back to rest on Spencer's shoulder.
"What's this about?"
"I want to make the most of my time with you before you leave and can't even call me for god knows how long."
God, this man. He was making you crazy over him, something you swore you'd never do. Not once in your life had a guy ever cared about you so much he couldn't be away from you.
"You really just can't get enough of me, can you?" You smirked at him, standing on your toes as you placed a kiss against his lips.

Inside the doors of Spencer's apartment, it was like the two of you had been together for forever. The comfort you felt in his arms confused you; you'd never felt this way with anyone else, and you felt almost happier when he was around.
But this wasn't a relationship, you had to remind yourself of that. This was just a fling, a friends with benefits relationship that wouldn't ever turn into anything more.