𝟖𝟔. 𝐢 𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐤 𝐨𝐮𝐭

Start from the beginning

Two hours passed when Umbridge finally got up from her desk and walked over.
"I think that'll be enough for today" Umbridge smiled taking the parchment of Elle and looking at the words written in her own blood,
"Perfect" she smiled evilly. "You may go".

✰✰✰

Elle definitely didn't need telling twice, she jumped up and rushed out of the office. What had Umbridge meant 'enough for today' Elle certainly wasn't going back in there again. She looked down at her hand which was extremely sore and coated in a thin layer of blood.
She wiped it hastily on her robes and saw the words scratched into her hand. They were extremely clear now haven being written about a thousand times.

Elle felt more pain having seen it than she had when she wasn't looking at it. She began to walk quickly back to the common room hoping that there wasn't a party. All she wanted to do was go upstairs unnoticed and go to bed.
"Cornish Pixies" Elle states clearly to the fat lady who was sitting with her portrait friend violet.
Elle heard the cheers, laughs and music before she even entered. There definitely was a party.

Elle snuffed and blinked a few times to hide the fact she was near to crying. She took a deep breath before stepping through the portrait and observing the scene within. The door swung shut behind her. Elle looked to see piles of food (presumably stolen from the kitchens) lying on the tables. Students were dancing, laughing or just sitting around drinking butter beer and pumpkin juice.

Fred and George definitely knew how to throw a good party. She saw them in the midst of the crowd selling their skiving snackboxes. The rest of her friend group were dancing around happily. Ron and Harry were also at the centre and seemed to be having a good time while their other friend Hermione sat in the corner reading.

No one had noticed her come in which was a win for her. She began to sneak up the stairs into the dormitory hoping no one would see her.
"ELLE" a voice yelled out. The girl froze. Dammit. She turned to see Fred waving at her gleefully.
"Come join the party" he called and a few Gryffindor's cheered at the further mention of partying. Elle shook her head.
"I'm going to bed" she yelled over the noise.

"Nah come on" George yelled "you've been stuck with Umbitch all evening you deserve a celebration" he rushed out of the crowd and towards her.
Elle just kept shaking her head, he obviously hadn't noticed that her eyes were blotchy and she definitely wasn't smiling.
George reached forward and grabbed her hand in an attempt to drag her down to dance.

As soon as he made contact with her hand, Elle winced. George noticed it was slightly sticky and frowned in confusion. He looked down at Elle's hand to see that it was stained red with blood. At the centre of this redness was a horrific sight. Words had been carved freshly into her skin. The words had been written so many times that the wound was still bleeding slightly.

George just froze staring down at her hand.
"What the hell did she do?" He muttered angrily but Elle just continued to shake her head trying desperately not to cry.
"It doesn't matter" she pulled her hand away but George was quick to grab her arm.
"What do you mean it doesn't matter?" His voice was louder now but everyone was having too much fun, they didn't even notice.

George looked around for a quiet place to go. There wasn't many places and they couldn't exactly sneak down to their secret hideout. Someone would definitely notice that.
George decided that the only option was his dorms. Boys weren't able to venture into the girls dorms, if they tried the stairs would turn into a slide.

Elle got dragged by George across the common room. They dodged past the dancers and walked into the boys dorms. When the two of them arrived in the twins room. George sat down Elle on his bed and shut the door behind him. The music muffled out now.
"What happened" he murmured as he yet again picked up her left hand and stared at it angrily.

"She made me write lines, the quill must be enchanted or something but-"
"You wrote lines in your own blood" George gasped in horror "that's torture"
"Well there's nothing I can do about it" she snapped.
"You could tell someone"
"And what are they going to do, Umbridge had too much authority George... with the ministry on her side".

The boy sighed and sat down next to her,
"It's not right" he muttered "it's torture"
"I know" she whispered.
"Are you okay?" He turned to her and she nodded,
"It'll heal" she smiled.

George pulled her in for a much needed hug. She lay against him gently as he stroked her hair,
"Next time I see that cow" he started causing Elle to laugh,
Suddenly the door burst open. Elle jumped as Fred stood in the doorway with a look of confusion in his face.

"What are you two doing in here?" He cried "the parties out there"
"Don't feel much like partying" Elle shrugged,
"Umbridge is torturing students" George huffed angrily as he held up Elle's hand for proof.
Fred frowned down at Elle's hand.

"That bitch" he muttered "surely that's not allowed"
"I don't think she cares whether it's allowed or not" Elle sighed.
The twins looked at each other with a glint in their eyes.
Elle looked between them "Don't you dare do anything stupid?"

"Us? Stupid? Never" they smirked.

✰✰✰