Chapter 41

Quick warnings. 1. I know nothing of fashion so if you want just imagine them in whatever dresses you want. I tried. 2. My shitty attempt at drunk Avengers as I have never been drunk or seen a drunk person I don't know how to write it. :| 3. The timelines are a little messed up but I don't care because this is my fanfic and I'm in charge of it. I hope that's okay. Enjoy

Freya's POV

I walked down the hall towards the music with Nat, Wanda and Pepper just behind me. They insisted I went first as it was my birthday.

Nat had a knee-length black dress with a belt in the same colour as my dress. She had gold shoes like mine. Pepper and Wanda both had red dresses but of different lengths and styles. Peppers was halfway down her shin while Wanda's matched mine and even had lace around the neckline.

We all had high heels and I thought we looked awesome. I walked into the party to see the Avengers having fun and laughing with each other. That sight made me forget about my father which, as mean and rude as it sounds, I needed.

"Hey Freya," called out a gorgeous Peter. He had a black suit on with a white shirt under it. His tie matched the colour of my dress and it was perfect. "You look beautiful." He said. Nat, Wanda and Pepper all walked away to their respective guys. Pepper went to Tony, Wanda went to Vision and Nat went to where Clint and Bruce were sitting and drinking.

I giggled at Peter's comment and returned it. "You look perfect," I said and hugged him. He hugged back but we were interrupted by a tipsy Tony on the microphone.

"Hello everybody, THE BIRTHDAY GIRL HAS ARRIVED. She is now 16 and we wish her the best..." He continued to ramble on for a while but just stayed by Peters side and smiled. Tony eventually came off the stage because Pepper dragged him away and towards me. "Wow Freya, you look great." He said in a slightly surprised tone. I glared at him. "I didn't mean that to sound like such a surprise." He muttered then walked away, probably to get another drink.

"Sorry Freya," Pepper apologized for Tony and smiled weakly. "Some of the people here you haven't met yet but they are all new to the team. May I borrow her for a second?" Pepper asked that last bit to both Peter and me. He nodded and I smiled walking off with Pepper.

She led me to a corner of the room and started to introduce me to the new people. "This is Doctor Stephen Strange, T'challa, Scott, Sam, Rhodey and James." She said and pointed to each man while saying their names.

Stephen talked first, "Happy Birthday Freya," Said the tall dark-haired man. He had magical eyes that whirled with every colour of the sea. Bits of blue, green and even grey were swirling together in his eyes. He had a goatee that matched his hair that was turning grey overage.

"Thanks, nice to meet you guys. It was nice of you all to come considering you don't know me." I said and looked at them all. They all had black suits that fitted them perfectly. Except for Scott. His suit looked like it had never been worn before and was at least one size too big for him.

"I admit it was a little strange getting an invite to a party for a young girl I had never met before," Scott said with a goofy smile. He had brown eyes and a chocolate brown hair colour. His silly smile reminded me of the feeling I got when watching cartoons. He looked like a man who would sit in his PJs and watch cartoons all morning with a bowl of cereal.

We all chuckled a little and slowly we started chatting about random things. One man didn't talk much and instead spent the whole time looking at Steve. I believe his name was James. His brown hair coved half of his face like a curtain and he seemed to be hiding behind it.

I eventually escaped the conversations with them but promised to talk to Stephen more about my powers later. He was happy with that and nodded letting me free from their conversation. "Hey, Peter, what you doing?" I asked him and sat down next to him. He was sitting at the end of the bar and had a drink in his hand.

"Tony won't let me drink so I'm just having lemonade." He grumbled and I chuckled. I ordered lemonade for myself as well because I was underage.

The boisterous laughter of drunk Tony, Bruce and almost tipsy Steve filled the room but actually sounded very nice as it told me they were happy. Wanda and Vision stayed together and danced to nearly every song. Pepper talked to many people while Tony drank bottle after bottle of alcohol. Nat stayed close to Clint, Bruce and Steve to make sure they didn't drink too much as Tony had.

I giggled just thinking that this was my family. My Midgard family was laughing and drinking their heads off for my birthday. I looked over to the new men to check if they were enjoying themselves when I saw a faint glimpse of my dad.

He's here?

I questioned in my own mind then ran (as well as I could in heels) to where I thought I saw my dad. I got to the corner but saw nobody there which worried me. 

Was I going crazy?

Was my dad okay?

I felt someone tap shoulder and I turned around to see Stephen standing behind me. "Are you alright?" He asked and I nodded. 

"Yeah, yeah. I'm fine. Just thought I saw my father." I said and answered his question before he asked it. "My dad's Loki Odinson, The God of Mischief and Lies, Thor's brother. " I said thinking he would judge me for it but he didn't.

"I know of him. But that wasn't what I was going to ask. I was going to ask if you were lying to me about being fine?" He said and gave me a polite look telling me I could talk to him. I shook my head 'yes' softly but put a fake smile on my face. I took a deep breath and stood up properly. I put my shoulders back and held my chin up like I had to do in Asgard many times. He gave me a soft sympathetic smile than walked away to talk to someone who wasn't drunk yet. His opinions were limited.