16. Missing Person

Start from the beginning

Bella smiles and lightly shakes her head before she replied.

"He has a name. And now he's too punctual for you?" Bella said.

A chuckle leaves Luna's lips before she chimed in the conversation.

"Oh, come on. Daddy always finds a way to grill Edward." Luna told Bella. Then she turns her gaze towards her dad. "Don't worry, daddy. Eddie is a good boy. I give him treats and everything. Yesterday, I was teaching him how to say 'Luna's the most amazing person ever' and he held up his middle finger. He was becoming like me. I gave him a reward." She added, a triumphant smile planted on her lips.

"That did not help at all." Charlie said as he shakes his head.

Luna's gaze snapped towards her phone when it vibrated in her hand. She took a quick look to find Jasper's name on the screen. A small smile tugged on her lips before she jumped out of the couch.

"I'm just gonna go to my room while you guys...talk, I guess." Luna said before she runs up the stairs and towards her bedroom.

She closes her bedroom door and once she turned around, she was greeted by a gorgeous honey-blonde being standing in the middle of her room.

"Jesus! Can you stop doing that?" Luna said, causing Jasper to grin like a lovestruck idiot.

"Didn't mean to startle you, darlin'." Jasper said.

Luna rolls her eyes before walking past him and letting herself fall onto her bed.

"There you go again with calling me 'darling'." Luna said.

Jasper takes his hands out of his pockets as he gracefully falls to the bed next to Luna.

"I like calling you 'darlin'." Jasper commented.

"Yeah, and how you like calling me 'Selene'." Luna said.

"It's a beautiful name."

"Perhaps."

A long pause happened the two were just staring blankly at Luna's white bedroom ceiling. Their arms were brushing against each other but it didn't bother Luna much nor did it bother Jasper. Luna trusts Jasper. She knows that he would rather let himself die than force her to do something she didn't want. He literally said that just yesterday.

The silence between them was broken when Luna decided to speak up.

"Any news about Jeremy?" Luna asked.

Jasper's mood suddenly turned dark. A mere mention of the bastard's name was enough to make Jasper want to punch through a dam, not that it would help him or the people surrounding the area at all. It was just that, he was so furious since he thought he already took care of the boy. Now, he's somewhere walking freely, or possibly still dead and was just hidden by someone.

"Still no sign of him." He replied.

Luna opens her mouth to respond but a knock on the door made Jasper disappear from her side and into her closet the next second.

The raven-haired girl sits up from her bed just as Bella walks into her bedroom.

"Hey." Bella said.

"Hey." Luna greeted back.

Bella was fiddling with her fingers as if she was shy or nervous about what she was going to say.

"You remember Jacob, right?" She asked.

Luna thought for a moment before an image of a little boy popped into her mind.

"Mudboy, yeah! Haven't seen him in ages but I do hear a thing or two about him from Jazz." Luna said, a teasing smile appearing on her lips, and Bella couldn't help but giggle.