Chapter Three - Prisoner

Chapter Three

Prisoner

Avery looked into the beautiful black eyes of Nevaeh only wanting for her to smile but knew that was far from possible at the moment. "Please, come back inside," Avery asked her politely.

"No. I am going home," she snapped in an almost scream..

"I am sorry but I can not allow you to leave."

Avery's words shocked Nevaeh to the core and a tear instantly appeared on her red cheek.

"Why?" she mumbled.

"Because we do not want anyone to know that we live out here," he answered apologetically.

"I don't even know where here is and I promise I won't tell anyone about you," she shook her head pleading with Avery.

"No... I am sorry; I can not," he repeated his self.

Nevaeh looked around; then as Avery looked to the ground in shame she darted off as fast as she could in the darkest part of the yard and ran for the forest. But again, she was caught by a steel grip. Nevaeh screamed, kicked and hit at Avery's back after he flung her over his shoulders. Tears streamed down the back of his shirt from her eyes as he carried her into the house. Before she knew it she was inside a kitchen and was confused on how she had gotten there so fast. Avery put her on her feet and pointed a finger at her.

"Please do not try. As you can see we can catch you every time," he explained calmly.

She kept her angry eyes on Avery and crossed her arms on her chest.

Keagan moved a chair next to her for her to sit and she jumped from his sudden appearance. She tripped over her own foot and fell to the floor banging her injured arm in the process.

Nevaeh whimpered lightly and then recovered quickly; not wanting to give her captors the satisfaction of seeing her weak but she knew it was too late. They had done saw all of her weaknesses.

"Please sit. Justin will cook you a meal," Avery spoke softly and then headed out of the kitchen with a grim expression. He hated seeing her sad and in pain but he knew he could not allow her to leave.

Nevaeh sat and watched Justin take items from the refrigerator. She was shocked; they did have electricity after all but then why wasn't there any on in the room she woke up in - she thought to her self.

Keagan flipped the light switch on and the bulb blew. "Shoot, I forgot about that. Do you think we have any new ones Justin?"

"I don't know look in the pantry," Justin waved to the side with his hand. He was too engrossed in staring at Nevaeh when he could between prepairing her a meal which only made her that more uncomfortable.

Nevaeh looked to the open door where Avery left from and wondered if she could try again and sneak away but as she planned her escape Keagan was back and jumping on top of the table.

"Keagan, get down from there," Justin barked suddenly.

"I need to put this bulb in," he argued back.

Justin shook his head and continued with his task. "I hope you like bacon and eggs. That was all we had time to grab."

"Not particularly. No bacon at all for me please," Nevaeh huffed. She figured she might as well feed her rumbling stomach before her next escape attempt.

"Vegetarian?" Justin asked.

"No, I just don't care for greasy foods is all," she answered in a bored tone.