one

it was one of those days where she worked alone in the small pet shop while the sun set, her eyes looked out the large window and watched the sky change colors. Akira, her coworker, had promised the younger girl something in return for covering her shift. (y/n) honestly didn't mind since she loved being around all the animals, even organizing all the colorful leashes had become fun. yes, she knew that was sad but it was better than going to that cold apartment she was supposed to call home. the hours seemed to tick by slowly, the quietness of the small shop making her feel sleepier by the minute.

in her tired state she could barely open her eyes as the familiar ding of the door opening rang throughout the store.

"sleeping on the job huh" a voice she recognized came from the front of the shop.

"ah Kenma you caught me" finally (y/n) sat straight up on the stool, sending a small smile to the bleached blond that had just entered the store. "buying something for Orchard?" she noticed her friend was in more formal attire, it was quite different from his regular sweatshirt and sweats. although the (h/c) was rather curious as to what he had decided to dress up for she decided not to ask. instead she just watched as she ran his fingers through the different cat toys hanging up on a wall opposite to her.

Kenma nodded and muttered to himself as he picked out a few different cat toys along with a new bucket hat for cats they had just put out. he made his way to check out but a loud car door slamming closed from outside made him stop in his tracks. the door swung open to reveal another formally dressed figure waltz into the pet shop, a look of awe on his face as he looked around the shop. (y/n) barely looked up at the person who had just entered, simply muttering a welcome as a wave of drowsiness washed over her one again.

"okay listen, i know you said to wait in the car but i saw a sign that said they have kittens here on Fridays" the young man with styled grey hair searched around the store but his lively green eyes slowly lost their excitement. Kenma rolled his eyes at the scene in front of him before continuing to walk towards the checkout counter.

"we actually cancelled that for today" (y/n) awkwardly piped up from said counter. she kept her eyes down and stared at the bowl of individually wrapped chocolates sitting a few inches away from the cashier box. a sad 'oh' left the strangers, who she now assumed was a friend of Kenma, lips.

"sorry about him, he's a little drunk" Kenma placed his items on the counter and offered (y/n) a smile as she quickly scanned them. the tall individual walked over to stand a few feet away from Kenma, his eyes studying the girl at the counter. he found himself examining every little detail of her, from the slight dimple that appeared on her cheek when she smiled at Kenma to the few strands of hair that escaped her loosely tied pony tail. Lev was slowly becoming more absorbed in the pretty cashier, she spoke to Kenma about some new stuff coming in soon and at last her eyes darted to him. a pink blush spread on his face when he realized he was staring at (y/n). he worked with gorgeous girls for living yet the girl with the tired (e/c) eyes had left him frozen. his lips curved up into a clumsy smile that she returned with en equally as awkward smile. this seemed like the first time someone had been unfazed by his presence, the feeling only made him more intrigued.

"I'm-"

"leaving, we're leaving. i'll drop by when that stuff drops see you around (y/n)" before lev could introduce himself to (y/n) Kenma gripped onto his forearm and dragged him out to his car. Kuroo jumped awake from his doze in the back seat, his best friend tossed his bag back where it landed onto his stretched out legs.

"did...you tell (y/n) i said hi" the raven haired man sat up and rummaged through the bag of cat toys, he pulled out the baby blue bucket hat that made a sleepy smile spread onto his face.

"so everyone knows the pretty pet shop worker except me" Lev climbed into the cramped passenger seat, well for a normal sized person it would've been more than enough space. Kenma began to drive and flat out ignored Lev who continued to pout in his seat, Kuroo dozing off once again. from the look on the bleached blonds face you could very much tell he was tired and needing to crash onto his mattress. before Kenma could pull up into his garage both the other guys in the car fell asleep, he looked over at Levs sleeping figure and plucked his phone from his lap. quickly he typed in (y/n)s number before setting the phone back down and slipping out of the car. not once did he try to wake his friends but instead left them in deep sleep on the comfy chairs of his car.

(y/n) felt her phone vibrate as she skipped up the steps of her small apartment.

kenma: gave your number to my friend, hope its ok

"you're finally home" a small voice spoke up from the hallway as she walked through the door, taking her attention away from her phone.

---

SO yes this was short but anyways i have it planned out :) also i did nOT like proofread this at all lmao pls ill probably edit this a lot

i feel like this was kind of bad- NJDENOJNDE theres a lot i wanted to include but ill save that for the next chapter<3