When Pixie Changed Her Mind

Start from the beginning

“Hi,” he said and flashed me a dazzling smile. I stumbled over flat ground but quickly righted myself. My memories hadn’t done him justice and at that moment my mind chose to remember how his beard felt on my skin and how I’d run my hands over that glorious body. I closed my eyes and tried to get a hold of my rampaging hormones. He seemed really glad to see me and I squashed the warm feeling that settled in my belly at the sight of his happy face. 

Instead, I eyed his extravagant getup of deconstructed jeans and a crazy sleeveless shirt complete with a hat. Any other man would look completely ridiculous in that outfit but of course, he managed to look obnoxiously sexy.

“You look like a reject from a boy band,” I said in greeting.

He laughed, swung his arm around my shoulders, and pulled me close. 

“Pixie, you do wonders for my ego.”

I shrugged in false modesty. “I do what I can. Otherwise, you’d have to enlarge all your doors just to get your giant head through them.”

His eyes heated.

“Keep talking. I have plans for that sassy mouth.”

“I’m just here for my fish,” I said, ignoring his hot stare and trying to sound firm and resolute. Instead, I sounded breathless and bewildered.

“Is that so?” He leaned down and speared me with his eyes. I squinted and tried to look at a spot over his shoulder. He was too potent, I felt my traitorous body softening towards his. He considered me for a second and seemed satisfied with whatever he saw on my face.

“If you want your fish, then come find it,” he said lightly and sauntered away into the hotel.

“Are you holding my fish hostage?” I said in outrage, following him inside.

“Hostage is a harsh way to put it. It’s more like a bargaining tool.”

“I’m not having sex with you just to get my fish back!” I shouted.

The hotel lobby went deadly quiet. I glanced around and met a sea of shocked and smirking faces. My face colored and I walked quickly to the elevator where he was doubled over in laughter and I forgot my embarrassment.

I was going to kill him!

I stalked into the elevator and landed a few good punches on his stupid hard body while he continued chortling like a deranged hyena. I snatched the hat off his head.

“Give me my fish or the hat gets it," I threatened. He finally caught his breath and there was a brief tussling match for the hat. He plucked it back from my hands easily and then put it on my head.

“Adorable,” he said smiling at me. I was weakening by the moment and the flash of his dastardly dimples didn’t help.

I put my hand on my forehead and pretended to swoon. “Ooooh, I went from decent looking to not hideous to adorable. I’m positively enraptured by your effusive compliments.”  

We were smiling at each other like two fools. All my self-protective instincts blared a warning: save yourself!

“I’m happy you’re here,” he said earnestly, leaning into me and taking a deep breath. I clenched my teeth against a fierce desire to fling myself on him and kiss him stupid.

“Have you ever heard of personal space? There’s a four to twelve feet bubble around me at all times.”

“I was all in your personal space not that long ago and you didn’t mind. In fact, if I recall correctly you wanted “more!” and “faster!” He whispered wickedly in my ear.