Chapter 10: Monday Blues

Monday's. My worst enemy. It was like a hangover and weekends is what got me drunk.

My phone woke me with its annoying vibrations and tones. It took me four minutes until I finally shut it up. I rolled my limp, disgusting body off my bed on to my floor. I lifted my body into a sitting position and I sat there staring at my door. After I stared at it for awhile, I rose to my feet and I stumbled down my stairs. I took a sharp left and I locked the bathroom door. I striped my sweaty clothes and I turned the shower on. I went over to the mirror and pulled my contact case out with the solution. I squirt two drops into my right contact and I brought it to my eye. At first it gave a stinging sensation in my nose, but that soon passed. I then plucked my left contact out and did the same thing I did for my right. When my contacts were in, I turned towards the shower and slipped in. The hot water streamed down my body, drenching my hair.

I stood there, staring at the wall. My mind went crazy with depressing thoughts. This was usually for me to think of, especially when I'm in the shower, in my bed, or just alone. Sometimes they'll jump in when I'm around friends. All it takes is a fake smile and they know nothing. I finally broke out of my trance and went to work on shaving and cleansing my body.

After I was all done cleaning myself, I turned the water off and emerged out of the shower. I reached into my cabinet and pulled out some body lotion. I rubbed the smelly oil into my sink, making it soft and looking alive.

I then left the bathroom and I ran upstairs to my room. I threw on a pair of jeans and a tight, striped sweater. The sweater brought out my curves and gave my sink a nice compliment. I threw my curly hair into a high ponytail and I slipped on my brown combat boots. I did my usual makeup routine which consisted of cover up and mascara.

When I was all finished, I raced downstairs and I grabbed an apple. I chomped away on the apple until it was time for me to leave. Since my parents were gone, I had the car, so I drove myself to school. The traffic wasn't terrible, so I ended up getting to school earlier then I usually do. My mind drifted back to what I was thinking about in the shower. All the depressing thoughts then went to the thought of the hickeys. I pulled down the mirror on the roof of the car and I looked at the red area of skin. They weren't as bad as they were on Friday, but I could manage the day, right?

As my mind went all over the place, I didn't realize the time. I quickly took the keys out of the ignition and I shoved them into my purse. I grabbed my backpack and I slipped it onto my shoulders while grabbing my purse. I pushed opened the car door and I slammed it shut. My long legs climbed up the hill that led to the front doors.

No one that I cared for was in school yet, so I went to my locker and I stuffed the things I didn't need for the day in it. I then grabbed the things I did need for that day and I stuffed them into my backpack. My locker looked like a tornado went through it, that's how messy it was.

When I had everything I needed, I slammed my locker shut and I crossed the hall to go into my homeroom. No one was in there except for two girls and a boy sleeping in the back.

I dragged myself to my seat and plopped down in it. I threw my head back on to Luca's desk and I closed my eyes. Sleep beckoned me to join it on an adventure, but I had to decline so I could stay awake to attend my classes.

More people began to enter room the room, bringing in more noise. I let out a grunt. I heard some people walk past me. One person walked past me, but ended up sitting in the desk I had my head on. It was either Luca or some asshole thinking it would be funny to draw on my face. I waited for the person to do something, but nothing happened. Their face then came close to mine and their lips pressed to my ear. Luca.

"What would happen if I were to kiss you right now?" He murmured in a husky voice. Ugh, his morning voice is so sexy.

"I would be awaken from a true loves kiss, like Sleeping Beauty and Snow White." I whispered.