𝟖𝟑. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡

शुरू से प्रारंभ करें:

They waved off the rest of the group as they left for the train station accompanied by Moody, Remus and Sirius (disguised in his dog form).
Elle sat alone in the kitchen with Kennedy feeling slightly awkward. She'd barely had any interactions with this girl however the ones she'd had weren't exactly brilliant.
She still felt bad from walking in on a Kennedy while she was tackling her boggart.

"So you play much quidditch?" Kennedy asked Elle who looked up in surprise, she hadn't expected the woman to strike up conversation with her,
"Yeah, Gryffindor chaser" Elle smiled,
"Slytherin seeker" Kennedy replied factually. Elle hadn't known she was a Slytherin but she decided it was very fitting.

"Was school good... you know with Sirius and Remus?" Kennedy nodded,
"Never out of trouble" she smirked "though they never did suspect our biggest stunt"
"What was that?" Kennedy looked up,
"Becoming animagi, I thought you already knew that" Elle had already known that however she wasn't aware that Kennedy was one as well,

"I didn't know why they were doing it" Kennedy began "I didn't know about Remus, but I knew they wanted to become animagi so I joined them" she shrugged.
"What animal do you become?" Elle asked out of curiosity,
"A fox" Kennedy smirked.
"I think if I tried I'd ending up turning into something lame... like fly" Kennedy laughed,
"I was convinced I was going to be a crocodile or a snake" Kennedy shrugged, usually its the same animal as your patronus"
"I can't do a patronus" Elle frowned "but I would like to know what animal I'd be"
"Maybe you'll learn this year" Kennedy smiled faintly "I learnt in seventh year".

A few hours later, Fred, George and Elle stood holding all their belongings in the hallway preparing to depart.
"Be careful" Molly hugged each of them in turn.
"We'll be fine mum" Fred sighed.
Elle gave her uncle and brother a hug as well telling the, that she'd write. However she did often forget.
"Have a good term, I'm sure I'll see you at Christmas" Remus smiled.

✰✰✰

Elle focused on Hogsmede while gripping tight ahold of her suitcase and Moon's cage (the owl had set off to Hogwarts through flight) She felt herself being pressed through many layers as her body seemed to squish and pull through the air. She arrived with a pop beside the twins who were breathing deeply after the experience. They'd never travelled that far before.

They began the walk up to the school realising they probably should have left earlier. The sun was already beginning to set and they were sure that the feast would be staring very soon.
They rushed up to the school and were relieved to see students still pouring in through the doors after getting out of the carriages.
After depositing their bags at the bottom of a staircase (being assured it would be taken up for them) they walked happily into the hall. Immediately they spotted the rest of their group who were laughing around the Gryffindor table.

Elle immediately rushed over in excitement, she hadn't seen her friends in two months.
"Elle!" Alicia yelled jumping up and pulling her into a tight hug "I've missed you" she smiled,
"I've missed you too, all of you" Elle grinned as she took a seat next to Alicia,
"Did you have a good holiday?"

"Yeah I stayed with the twins" Elle smiled "it was great fun" she decided not to mention the idea of headquarters and the order of the Phoenix after all it was a secret organisation. The twins both took seats opposite Elle.
"I've been all round america" Lauren buzzed happily "with Katie of course",
"You know America has an amazing wizarding school" Katie beamed "it's called Ilvermorny, we visited it"
"That's really cool" Elle grinned, she imagined the American school being larger than Hogwarts, but not as good"

✰✰✰

"Who's the pink bitch" Fred muttered, all heads turned to look at the teachers table. For the most part it looked the same Elle saw the four heads of houses (McGonagall, Snape, Flitwick and Sprout, The astrology sisters (Aurora and Athena) along with Professor Dumbledore. However Hagrid wasn't there, instead there was an older woman wearing a peculiar hat and small glasses. Beside her sat the woman Fred had described as 'the pink birch' and Elle could see why.

The short dumpy woman was dressed head to toe in pink from her soft blush shoes to her obnoxious pink hat stuffed on her short brown hair. She had a face a bit like a toad which was contorted into a very fake smile as she observed all the students sitting around the tables,
"I'm guessing she's the defence against the dark arts teacher" Angelina replied "though I don't like the look of her".

"Anyway forget about that" Angelina grinned and all heads turned to her "I've got some exciting news"
"What is it?" Elle enquired and Alicia squealed with excitement, obviously she was already aware of the news,
"I'm the new Gryffindor quidditch captain" Angelina beamed.
"Get in" Fred and George both yelled loudly as Elle jumped up to give the girl a hug,
"That's amazing" Elle gasped "you definitely deserve it".

The group were interrupted by Dumbledore who promptly stood up to begun his speech.
"We only have a few changes to staffing this year, first of all while Professor Hagrid cannot be with us, his position will be filled by Professor Grubbly-Plank" the woman with the odd had nodded and Elle sighed. Hagrid wasn't the best teacher but his lessons were always laid back.

"Also we have a new defence against the dark arts teacher this year, Professor Umbridge" all heads turned to the lady in pink who smiled sickly. Dumbledore went on to continue his speech but was interrupted by Umbridge.
"Hem hem" her cough was light and annoying. Dumbledore turned around in confusion as Umbridge stood up and bustled her way over to the front of the hall.

"Thank you headmaster for those kind words of welcome" her voice was soft yet aggravating to her, she founded fake as though she was an act delivering a performance,
"And how lovely to see all your bright happy faces smiling up at me" she was greeted not by smiling faces but by a bunch of frowns, scowls and confused glances.
"I'm sure we're all going to be very good friends"
"That's likely" the twins spoke in unison causing Elle to snigger slightly, Umbridge raised her eyebrows slightly before continuing.

"The Ministry of magic has always considered the education of young students to be vital, although each headmaster has brought something new to this historic school" Umbridge eyed Dumbledore who just continued to smile.
"Progress for the sake of progress must be discouraged"
"Let us preserve, what must be preserved"
"Perfect what can be perfected"
"And prune practices that ought to be... prohibited" she let out a small laugh before walking back to her seat.

Food came and voices rang out,
"I hate her" Lauren scowled,
"Already?" Katie laughed while serving herself some roast potatoes,
"Yes, she gives the colour pink a bad name"
"She's from the ministry" Fred whispered in a low voice "that means the ministry's trying to take over control at Hogwarts" Elle shuddered at the thought. She was definitely right when she predicted this year at Hogwarts was going to be a weird one.

✰✰✰

𝐂𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐀𝐌𝐎𝐍 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌𝐒 // George Weasley जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें