Chapter 33: Blood Moon Waltz

Start from the beginning

Nami glared at him. "Shut up."

As she returned her gaze up, she caught a glimpse of Luffy laughing along with a certain warlord who had a beautiful gown. And face. Nami closed her eyes while Zoro rolled his.

On the other hand, Robin was on the snacks corner with Law. With Franky and Chopper. The latter two were chugging on the drinks because they haven't eaten anything the night before, similar to Brook who was already drooling at the cordon bleu being served in a casserole. Sanji was with his date named Charlotte Pudding who, without a doubt, was related to the teacher and Emperor Charlotte Linlin. He wad initially going with a girl named Viola until she backed away last minute.

And of course, Usopp was with Kaya. They were sitting opposite to Zoro and Nami, talking about various things. Flirting.

"Yohohoho! It's the night of the blood moon!" Brook cheered as he returned to their table, with a tray of drink enough for everyone who was currently around.

The blood moon, as he believed, bounded people together. It was a belief in one of the cartoons he watched as a child and he could still remember it like yesterday.

~~~

BUT LUFFY DIDN'T GET a decent answer to his question the night before.

All Zoro, Sanji, and Jinbe did was answer his question with another question and answer that question. In other words, they certainly knew what the 'mystery feeling' was, they just wanted Luffy to figure it out himself.

And so he was accompanying Hancock, his date, on the dance floor but they weren't dancing. Not yet. There was a last minute announcement that the slow dance will begin when the blood moon starts showing, and so almost the entire programme was delayed by thirty minutes, give or take.

Hancock sipped the pink lemonade in a wine glass. It was unsweetened, so it was partly healthy. "Luffy, you should try this."

"Is it good?"

"Yes,"

He drank from the same glass and smiled afterwards. "You're right!"

Fifteen minuted had passed and a slow music started to play. There were no signs of the blood moon above them, but the facilitators figured it would be a way to settle the mood for the phenomenon.

"What was it..." Luffy muttered as he tried to remember the words. "may I have this dance?"

For a moment, Hancock thought she wad going to pass out. But she shook her head slightly and took the hand that he held out for her gently. It was a dream come true for her to dance with the man of her dreams.

There were many students on the dance floor, all divided into pairs while dancing to the rhythm of the music being played by the dj Scratchmen Apoo. He was wearing a formal wear but didn't have a date since he was tasked with the music for the party though he also enjoyed it.

Five minutes in, and Hancock's attention was caught by a certain staff by the entrance of the area. "Oh...for–"

"What's wrong?"

"They're calling out for the meeting. Sorry, Luffy!" she said and smiled, walking away from him out the dance floor.

Now, Luffy was alone on said zone until his eye caught an orange haired girl who was also by herself on the dance floor.

~~~

ZORO HELD NAMI'S waist lightly as they danced through the music, minding the fellow students around them. She danced well, and so did he, therefore they didn't have any problems on one stepping on the other's foot.