Chapter 27: The Day That Wasn't (Part II)

NAMI, CALLED AS Onami in the beautiful Land of Wano as a 'newbie kunoichi', then headed to her job. She kept an eye out for a certain samurai wearing a vibrant kimono. Probably somewhere between yellow and red.

On the roofs of the house, she spotted just that.

"Now, how do I..."

The samurai in red was laughing, creating a series of 'shi' sounds. He was alone and Nami thought she could bring him down. Alone. With that, she tried to figure out how her staff works and she leaped off, landing a few metres away behind the samurai.

"Weather Egg!!" an egg flew to the sky above the samurai as she twirled her staff. "Thunderbreed Tempo!"

Lightning came crashing down the samurai. Nami squealed in joy. "It's that easy!"

Just then...

"That won't work on me!"

A fist came flying towards her but she was quick to react and dodge it just before it hit her face. Nami cussed. "What the frick was that?"

She didn't know how her baton works in the first place. And for another, she didn't expect a person to be immune to electricity. Something weird was definitely going on, and if she didn't remember going to be beforehand, she would have freaked out already.

Soon, a raven haired boy was standing right in front of her. He had a vivid red kimono with blue patches here and there, and he carried a katama by his shoulder. Its scabbard was on his waist, held by a sash similar to a certain samurai's one that Nami was thinking about.

"A ninja?" he said.

Nami blinked a few times as she stepped back. "...Luffy?!"

"My name is Luffytaro!" he exclaimed. "de gozaru..."

Nami grunted. "F-Fine...wait, that sword..."

"Hm?" he hummed. "Yea I got it from the old man on the ruins. He told me that it's a cursed blade or something. I don't really believe him, though."

She gasped. Luffy(taro) was their target and he was standing right in front of her. Nami shuffled and pointed her baton at his face. Again, she didn't know how the dreamworld works but considering that it was her dream, she thought of the things that she could do in there.

"Gust Sword!"

A strong wind blasted from the tip of her staff and hit Luffytaro, making an opportunity for her to snatch the sword and run away. "Sorry, Luffy!"

"Hey!" he exclaimed once she was successfully running away. "Gomu Gomu no..."

Nami yelped upon the sight of his arm stretching. "Robin! What kind of dream is this?!"

Luffytaro blasted himself towards her and, as an unusual clutz she was, Nami stumbled over. She kept a firm grip on the blade's handle and swiftly grabbed the scabbard from his waist. Her head hit the ground as Luffytaro fell on top of her.

On her other hand, she gripped her staff tight. "Luffy..." she mumbled. "get off me!"

He simply laughed and stood up and held out a hand to her. "You don't seem to be a bad guy,"