𝟖𝟏. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐲 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬

Start from the beginning

"I'm sure everything will be fine, they're all amazing wizards and witches, they know how to defend themselves" Elle nodded in agreement as they listening to the ticking of the clock waiting impatiently for the return.
Another hour must have passed when the finally heard the front door open. Voices filled the house and the three of them jumped up about to run down,
"Hang on" Fred stopped them by throwing out his arm "Mum'll kill us if we all go running down"
"True, she told us to stay out of the way" Elle muttered "we could use the extendable ears"

"Ah I like that idea" George nodded "let's go get the others" he grinned. They waited until they could hear Harry's voice below talking to Ron and Hermione. Then the three of them obnoxiously apperated into their room with a loud pop.
Ron, Hermione and Harry all jumped as they appeared in the room,

"Harry" Fred grinned  as he spun around,
"Thought we heard your dulcet tones" George continued,
"Don't bottle it up though mate" Fred patted him on the shoulder,
"Anyway if you're all done shouting"
"Do you want to hear something a little more interesting" Fred beamed.

The three of them raised their eyebrows as the twins jumped up,
"We shouldn't listen in" Hermione protested "it's secret"
"You had no problem listening in earlier" Fred frowned "why's now any different"
"It's just because she knows Snape's down there" Ron shrugged "she doesn't like the idea of snooping on a professor.

The twins scoffed before heading to the door, Fred pulling one of the ears from his pocket,
"Hi Harry" Elle smiled, he returned the smile but she could tell the happiness wasn't there. That didn't surpirse her, this boy had been through so much. Life for him was never guaranteed to be easy but what he'd had to face didn't seem fair in the slightest.

Yet again, the group huddled around the ear and listened in as Fred lowered the string down and positioned it towards the bottom of the door.
"Shhhh" George hushed as the voices started travelling through.
"He's just a boy" Molly protested anxiously,
"He still deserves to know what's going on" Sirius snapped "Dumbledore owes him that much"
"Dumbledore doesn't owe him anything" the dry dull voice of Snape carried through the ears and all the kids shivered.

Ginny came walking around the corner and immediately joined the gathering to hear what was going on.
"Sirius he isn't James" Molly protested in an exasperated tone,
"I know he's not but I'm the closest thing he has to a guardian, he's not your son Molly"
"He might as well be" she huffed,
"If Sirius is involved he'll raise the boy to be just like him, arrogant, reckless and careless"
"Stay out of this Snivellous" Sirius snapped. Elle could just see the wicked sneer on Snape's face even if she wasn't in the room.

A faint meowing began carrying through the device, all seven of them looked over the banister to see Hermione's cat hitting the ear with his paw,
"Get him off" Fred muttered as Crookshanks tried to bite the ear. All the group could hear now was the soft purrs and grows of the overly large cat.
"Bad Crookshanks" Hermione moaned as the cat managed to pull the ear off the string ceasing all noise coming from it,
"Hermione I hate your cat" Ron rolled his eyes.

✰✰✰

A few minutes later, the meeting was done and the kids were called down for dinner. Fred and George promptly apperated down with a pop causing their mother to yell at them yet again. Elle decided to walk down after Ron, Hermione, Harry and Ginny. They took their seats at the table and were each handed a large bowl of stew each.
Sirius was sat at the end of the table looking very disgruntled.

Elle sat down beside her uncle who seemed as tired as usual, maybe even a little more so. No one was saying anything and tensions seemed to be high in the room.
Tonks tried to lighten the mood by entertaining Ginny with her shifting abilities. She changed her nose into a snout and then promptly a beak. Ginny sniggered while everyone else quietly ate their food in silence.

Moody was standing ominously by the back wall, he'd refused any food and was stood reading a newspaper quietly muttering time himself. To everyone's great relief, Snape was no longer here. Kennedy wasn't eating either. She was sat looking angrier than usual while lightly twirling her wand between her fingers while staring down at the table. Elle had only heard part of the conversation that the order had been sharing but she could tell however it had ended, wasn't good.

"Peculiar" Arthur muttered, he had his nose in a letter that seemed to be from the ministry its self "your hearing is going to be in front of the entire wizarding court Harry" the boy looked up in surprise,
"I don't understand, what have the ministry got against me?" Harry muttered, everyone seemed to look up in shock. Had no one informed him about what was happening at the moment, that everyone thought he was a liar.

"Show him" Moody barked "he'll find out soon enough" Every one gave each other odd glances before Kingsley passed over his copy of the daily prophet. On the front was 'the boy who lied' in bold letters.
"He's been attacking Dumbledore as well" Sirius began "Fudge is using his power over the ministry to smear anyone who claims the dark lord has returned".

"Sirius they're too young" Molly protested,
"I want to know, it concerns me" Harry snapped and Mrs Weasley seemed taken aback,
"He deserves to know Molly" Sirius replied. The woman sighed exasperatedly before shrugging to herself.
"Ok but everyone else who isn't a member of the order up to bed"
"If Harry knows I want to know, he'll tell me afterwards anyway" Ron groaned.

"We're of age" Fred yelled "we should be able to stay"
"No I won't argue this any further"
"We're seventeen, you can't tell us what to do" George protested,
"I can and I will" Molly shouted.

Elle didn't say anything, she just looked up to her uncle next to her,
"You can stay" he muttered "you're old enough to know" Elle smiled at Remus. Eventually only Ginny was sent away. She yelled at her mother all the way up the stairs and stomped her feet making the ceiling shake slightly.
All heads turned to Sirius.

"We think Voldemort wants to build up his army again" Sirius states calmly. Everyone stared at him except Molly who was furiously doing the dishes towards the back of the room,
"Fourteen years ago, he had huge numbers at his command and not just withes and wizards but all manners of dark creatures"
"He's been recruiting heavily and we've been trying to do the same, but recruiting followers isn't the only thing he's interested in"
Moody grunted behind Sirius as though warning him that he was saying too much, however Sirius chose to ingnore this and continued,

"We believe, Voldemort may be after something"
"Sirius" Moody snapped gruffly, everyone was entranced by the words of Sirius. All eyes were on him and he continued to ignore any attempts to stop him from telling everyone the truth. Elle admired him for that,
"Something he didn't have last time" Elle felt a shiver go down her spine, she didn't know what Sirius meant but she certainly didn't like the sound of it,

"You mean... like a weapon?" Harry pressed on,
"No that's enough" Molly cried shrilly "he's just a boy" she glared at Sirius before taking the news paper off Harry and handing it back to Kingsley,
"Say much more and you might as well induct him into the order straight away" she glowered,
"Good, I want to join" Harry stated confidently "if Voldemort's raising an army then I want to fight"

Sirius just laid back in his chair smugly and winked at Harry, Molly on the other hand seemed less than impressed.
Everyone was sent up to bed. Elle didn't even hide the fact that she was going to the twins room. She told Ginny she could have her bed. She didn't even question it.
Elle followed the twins up and they sat and talked for hours about everything that was going on. It was late by the time they eventually decided they should get some sleep.

Elle lay beside George looking up to the ceiling in the dark. This was her last year at Hogwarts approaching. She knew that she had missed the first two years but she still hadn't thought it would have gone this quickly. She didn't know what was coming but she didn't like the idea of it. From what she could predict from the looks of anxiety on the orders face, she suspected that Voldemort was going to come back and if that was the case it was likely that war was coming.

✰✰✰