i. pizza female gets murdered

✧⁺❀ C h a p t e r o n e . . .

A week had passed since Sophie had delivered some pizzas to the Goodman household and had consequently been invited to share a meal at their house the next Friday. Now, it was in fact Friday and Sophie was awaiting the evening in anticipation.

The girl was still fairly unsure as to why a random family she had just met had asked her to join them for dinner, but Sophie definitely wasn't one to complain about free food. She had hardly any money as it was; she'd just finished her bachelor's degree in French at Manchester University and sadly, as cool as it was to be able to insult other people in a different language (va te faire foutre), it didn't open up many career paths for her. That was exactly why she had taken the job at Domino's - she still needed a way to make ends meet.

Her flatmate had a bit more money than her, but still not an awful lot. Elle worked at an estate agent's and so at least had a proper job of sorts (well, it had a higher salary than driving around the neighbourhood, delivering margaritas, that was for sure).

Sophie sat on her bed, her eyes flickering between her mirror and the clock. She had decided upon wearing a semi-formal black dress which stopped just above her knees paired with matching black heels and silver hoops. She glanced back at the clock. 6:45. Jackie - the woman who she assumed to be the mother of the family - had asked her to be there for 7pm, so Sophie figured she best leave in order to be on time.

Her invitation to dinner had been a strange one. She had been returning to her car when the woman had ran up to her and asked if she wanted to return the next week at seven for Friday night dinner. The girl was extremely bewildered, having no idea who they were, but the woman had told her she was called Jackie and gestured back to her house, across the street, pointing out the rest of her family. The three remaining members of the Goodman family had gathered in the doorway, looking on in amusement and horror at Jackie's actions.

Adam stood waving with a grin plastered across his face, Martin onlooked with an extremely confused expression painted across his features (and of course, with no shirt on), whilst Jonny froze in shock with wide eyes and a rosy blush rising to his cheeks. Luckily enough for him, from across the road, Sophie had been unable to make the family out in enough detail to see his reddening face.

Jackie had asked the blonde for her name and she of course had obliged, adding that she had to leave and continue her deliveries, but promised to return the next week at 7pm.

And that was exactly what she was going to do.

As she picked her keys up from the bowl next to the door and pulled her jacket on, she heard a call from the sofa. Sophie turned around and saw Elle stretched across the settee.