Chapter 11: Mark

As we'd go downstairs to the kitchen, mom would say, "Let's bake some things and just have fun together!"

All three of us would grab many ingredients and start making the batter, but even though mom and Mark would make theirs from scratch, I would still have to use those premade cake mixes as I would never really be much of a chef.

"Oh, mom? Can I use the red velvet cake mix that I bought?" I'd ask.

"Of course!"

Ok...uh, two eggs, a cup of water...

Instead of making a huge cake, I'd just make a bunch of mini cupcakes because why wouldn't I?

"Let's see how this tastes," I'd mumble, as I'd mix everything together.

"Charlotte, no eating raw cake batter!" mom would say, but just then, Mark would be doing the same as me.

"Honey! Guys, we have to wait until they're cooked, okay?" she'd say, chuckling.

"Aww man..." Mark would say, sounding a little disappointed while smiling.

I'd continue mixing my cake and pouring it into the muffin tray lined with muffin liners.

"Are you two ready to bake them?" Mom would ask.

"Yep!" Mark and I would again, say at the same time.

After we'd all put them in the oven, we'd walk towards the couch and sit down with mom in the middle, me on her right, and Mark on her left.

"While we wait for the cakes to bake, what show do you guys want to watch?" mom would query.

"I like cooking and baking shows," Mark would reply.

I usually think those shows can be funny at times anyway, so I'm not complaining.

I would also remember that one time when I watched TV that the chef accidentally knocked over the jar of flour all over herself and said, "I guess I'm just too fat for this job..."

Just thinking about it would make me laugh hysterically...

"Uh, Charlotte, are you okay?" mom would ask.

Because I couldn't stop laughing, I couldn't answer her, but when the chef on TV would make some chicken sounds when putting the eggs in, we'd all laugh so hard that I don't even know when we're ever going to stop.

After what seemed like 100 years, we'd all finally stop.

Stomach: Help me...please :(

BEEP

BEEP

BEEP

"Ooh, the cakes are ready!" Mark exclaimed happily.

As we'd get them out and wait until they cool down, I'd munch on mine.

Mmmmmm! That's so good!!

I would then take some of mom's funfetti cake and Mark's carrot cake and eat them, my eyes grew wide in astonishment...

This is actually amazing! He even made it from scratch like mom!

I don't know many people, especially men, who are so talented in cakes and stuff...

Stomach: Ugh after 10 million decades you give me food...Why you so mean to me?

Me: Shhhhhh! I'm trying to eat in peace here (gives stomach an internal annoyed look)

"All of these are so delicious!"

"They sure are!" Mark would agree.

"Yeah! We should definitely do this more often!

From then on, I'd just know that life would get better as I'd have a new house and a new to-be step dad who's nothing like Steve :)

Charlotte's life is coming together! 

What are two things that she needs to do or understand before her life is complete?

Remember to comment and vote if you guys want!