The Difference Between the Pines and the Northwests

Pacifica Pov

(This was set after Pacifica left the arcade).

I stayed quietly in the limousine as two women in suits sat next to me. We began to drive off and I felt a sense of butterflies in my stomach, neither of them said anything about why they had come for me or how they knew where I was.

"So... did my father send you?" I asked. She began looking down at me. Her gaze was strong and firm, it almost felt like we were having a staring contest. But she won, and I diverted my eyes away from her in defeat. "Apparently your mother has gone through a failed surgery and is in a horrible condition-"

"What!?! How did she-"

"Let me finish" She said sternly, making sure I obeyed. "Your father is waiting at the end of this road, he wishes to speak to you about it."

My hands were shaking and wild thoughts began to swirl through my mind. Would she make it? Was she going through pain? When did it happen? Sure my mother wasn't the most ripe apple but she was still my mother, it was mandatory that I feel sad for her. We drove until we eventually reached a cafe, this was our stop. I hopped out of the limousine with anticipation and began to walk onto the pavement.

Though the cafe was small I felt it's door loom over me like I was about to walk into a dungeon. I opened it slowly and carefully in order to not make any noise. I didn't know why I felt that I would get in trouble, that I would be the one to blame for my mother's accident, I guess it's just instinct to blamed for everything by now...

Before I could take another step, I felt a hand grab my wrist and pull me inside. "Ah, Pacifica darling you've finally arrived." My father smiled at me and gave me a large kiss on my forehead. The others in cafe awed lovingly at our "adorable" and "loving" father and daughter relationship, but I knew this was an act. After the town found out that our bloodline weren't really the ones who first found Gravity Falls, my father's reputation went down by a mile stone. All he could use now was me, as long as he looked like the most perfect and loving dad he knew that people would pity us and restrain from letting their anger out. I don't know who Mable's parents are, but I have a feeling that they don't do this.

I would've played along with the act if there weren't bigger problems at hand. "How's mother?" I asked taking a seat with him at a table. "Is she ok from accident?"

"Oh she's fine" He said, sipping his tea.  "That was just an eleborate joke to get you here faster, you know how impatient I am darling."

What. The. Heck.

All of it was LIES!?!

"What the crap is wrong with you!?! Do you not care about my feelings,!?! I almost had a heart attack because of you, you psychopath!!!" Is what I would've said if I were alone. But instead I stayed silent, not wanting to cause a scene.

We sat there for a while, he laughed away at his own jokes while I  stared at him in disbelief and played with my fingers. He sighed and placed down his cup. "I called you here because you have visitors."

Out of the shadows appeared two of my closes friends, Tiffany and Veronica. "Oh my gosh, hi girls~" I said giving them both a big hug.

"Ummm, Pacifica please back away" Veronica said spitefuly. "We just got our hair nails done and we don't want the vanish to wipe off onto your shirt."

I backed away nervously without saying a word. Mable hugged her friends all the time and none of them ever seemed to have a problem with it, but mine did. I guess Mable's cute habits are rubbing of on me.

My father chuckled and walked to join the two girls who continued to stare at their phones like mindless creatures. "I thought I'd invite them to join you today in whatever activities you choose. It's better than you interacting with those pigs at the arcade." His tone turned turned serious all of a sudden.