28. haru is here

Mulai dari awal

"What do you think you are doing?" I asked with a serious look.

Saemi raised her left eyebrow at me before saying, "Why do you suddenly care, Ara? You know, you weren't like this before... Why the sudden change?"

I clenched my teeth together in anger and took a step closer toward Saemi while whispering, "Me caring for Juda is none of your business and whoever I was before is in the past. Whoever I am today is what matters. So if I were you, Saemi, you better not try to play with my patience. If you really know me, then you should know that my temper isn't something you want to experience. Now, get out of my face before you end up crying."

The Stage ended right there and I knew right away that I changed the plot of Secret. But right at that moment, I didn't care about it. I was too worried about Juda that my anger had taken control over me.

Saemi and her little gang had soon left the classroom after I told her to leave. Then Danoh stood in front of me with a sad look on her face.

"I'm sorry about Saemi, Ara..." she gently told me.

I sighed and shook my head at her.

"Don't apologize for her, Danoh. Just because you're her best friend, you shouldn't take the fall. Saemi should be mature about this kind of thing. I should know because I've been in the same situation."

"Huh? You have?" Danoh asked in total confusion.

Then I stared at her for a couple of seconds before turning my head when I heard the familiar footsteps that belonged to Baek Kyung. My heart started to beat incredibly fast but before anything else, I looked away and told Danoh, "I'll be at the library if you need me."

"Oh, okay..." Danoh replied back when I started to walk out of the classroom.

Why do I feel like someone is following me?

I quickly turned around and saw no one behind me in the hallway. So I continued walking to the library but then a few minutes just when I reached my destination, I felt it again. I turned and for the second time, I see no one behind me. I sighed in irritation and just decided to ignore it. I pushed open one of the doors to the library and entered the big room. I wanted to see if the manhwa, Secret, was on its shelf since usually, the book wouldn't always be with Jinmichae in the school's kitchen.

I walked down every aisle in the library and wasn't able to find the manhwa. But instead... I kept on feeling like someone was watching my every move.

It felt familiar but because of the fact that I cannot see who it was and is the only one inside the library, I feel a little scared.

"What if there are ghosts in Seulli High?" I whispered to myself as I walked down the aisle full of manhwas on bookshelves.

Then I laughed it off while shaking my head. "Nah, if there are ghosts here then Secret wouldn't be a rom-com but a thriller and mystery story instead."

I was about to stand by a window at the end of the aisle when I saw a silhouette on the corner of my left eye. I slowly turned my head and saw...

"H-Haru?" I whispered after blinking my eyes a couple of times just to make sure that I wasn't dreaming.

But there he was standing only a few feet away from me.

My adopted brother from Trumpet Creeper is here in Secret.