Soon, the two of you pulled up to the restaurant. You weren't sure if you'd ever been to this one before or not, they all started to blur after a while. They were all the same pretty much, pretentious and expensive. The food was usually decent even if it could be overly fancy at times, so at least that.

    After Hux told the hostess who he was, she quickly ushered you to the private room in the back, asking a few too many times if there was anything she could get you two. It always made you feel bad when you'd go to public places like this, the workers had to be on their best behavior and you knew that they probably felt the stress of having to serve mafia members, you wouldn't want to do it either.

    The private room had a few tables set up and a bar in the corner. It was probably used for parties, things like birthdays or rehearsal dinners. But, really, this was just a weekday for your group. You supposed everyday was a celebration when you were doing things as dangerous as you all were. There were probably around fifteen people there besides the two of you, mostly couples.

    You couldn't help the way your eyes quickly scanned the room, you knew who you were looking for.

    And there he was, leaning against the bar in a conversation with two other men. Kylo was clearly the one in charge, they were both turned to face him and he was speaking in a way that made it seem like he might even be giving them orders. One hand on a glass of whiskey and the other hand gesturing as he spoke, expensive watch and rings glistening in the low lighting.

    You could stare at him for hours. Everything about him was so attractive to you...You were snapped out of your daydream of being on your knees in front of him right now, by Hux putting a hand on your lower back.

    "You've met the Carters before, haven't you, honey?" He asked you in that voice that you hated, the fake one he put on when you had company. The smile on your face was just as insincere as his voice was as you looked at the older couple standing in front of the two of you.

    "Oh yeah, I think so." You lied. You had no idea who these people were but there was a possibility that you'd met them before, who knew?

    The three of them started talking about something that you didn't really care about. You gave input when necessary, but really you were just there to listen and nod. You let your eyes go back to the bar, where Kylo was still standing.

    When you spotted him, you paused when you realized he was already staring directly at you. He was still speaking to the men next to him but his eyes didn't leave you, you were his main focus. When he saw that you were looking at him as well, he smirked and winked at you.    

    It made you weak in the knees and you had to remind yourself where you were so that you didn't crumple to the ground. You looked away from him quickly, not wanting anything else to effect you in the way that just had. But you bit your lip to hide your own smirk, letting him know that you enjoyed it.

    You and Hux continued make your way around the room to converse with a few other people. The whole time your eyes kept going back to Kylo, to see what he was doing. It felt so weird to be the closest you've ever been to him emotionally but have to pretend that you weren't. In everyone else's eyes, you barely knew each other.

    The conversation that Kylo was having with the men somehow made its way from a business deal, to you, one of them glancing around and catching your eye.

    "Jesus, she's gorgeous, isn't she?" The man said, motioning towards you from across the room.

    Kylo's hand tightened around his glass. It didn't make him jealous to hear someone else compliment you (in fact, a part of him liked it) but it did make him tense as he thought about how much he'd love to have you on his arm instead of having to see you on Hux's. He wanted everyone to know that you belonged to him.