15

"Attention contestants!!" The commentators voice rang out of the loudspeakers,"the race will commence in fifteen minutes, please make your way to the starting line for your game colours!!" My nerves were on a high and I was still curious about the crane. We all made our way to the start. A man walked out with a box that had a small hand-sized hole in the top.

"I will walk past you and you will put your hand in the box. Only pull out one, I will not let you repick" he instructed into the microphone he was holding. We were all standing behind the line. He had to walk past four people before he got to me. We all watched carefully.

The first person he stopped by was a boy about my age, he stuck his hand in the box and pulled out a red head band. The man continued to walk. Every colour was different. I stuck my hand in the box and pulled out a white bandana. Once everyone had their colour the same man quickly checked our weapons to make sure we weren't cheating. He then walked to a table and picked up the envelope.

The envelope that everyone was here for.

He put double sided tape on the back of the envelope and stuck it to the crane hook before walking off the road.

So that's what the crane was for

"You all know the rules" the commentator said,"breaking the rules will lead to your immediate disqualification. Good luck, please stay in this general area and await further instruction"

Hongjoongs pov

We decided to ride our motorbikes to the venue of the race. However, I had forgotten to put gas in mine so I made a quick stop and the others went on without me. The area of the race was kind of remote so I had to drive around before finding a garage to fill up.

I sat on my bike and waited for the tank to fill up. Since I took a detour my GPS was indicating that I would come from the top of the hill. I decided to call San to see what was happening.

Hongjoong
Hey San

San
Hey Hongjoong, everything ok?

Hongjoong
Yeah, just at the gas station. Can you fill me in?

San
Sure, so when we arrived there was a construction site. Turns out it was fake. This guy came up to us and asked for our names, we gave them to him and then he asked if we had a leader with the name Hongjoong. We said yes and told him that you stopped to get gas. He believed us and let us in, my guess is that Hera told him to let us in. We are currently in the spectators area waiting for the race to start. We can see Hera on the screen from the drone footage. She looks nervous.

Hongjoongs
Ok, thanks. Do you think Hera told the guys at the top of the mountain about my arrival?

San
I don't know, why?

Hongjoong
Since the location of this race is in a remote area, I had to drive around before I found a garage to get gas. So I think I might come from the top.

San
I don't think they will let you, even if she did tell them.

Hongjoong
Why?

San
Because the race track starts from the top, so you would have to ride down the mountain and only racers are allowed on the track

Hongjoong
God dammit. Ok, I'll see what I do. Call me if I'm not there in 10 minutes.

San
I will, see you soon

I ended the call and tried to find another route. I could go back the way I came, but it would take to much time. I googled the place on my phone and went to images. I noticed a cable car that takes people to the bottom.