Chapter 30- Aftermath

Start from the beginning

Nesta brough her arms up around his neck, but secured her hands on his leathers. She would not touch his skin until she was clean. Until she was releived of the weight on her back. 

Cassian said into her hair, "I won't be back home until late tonight." 

Nesta nodded, breaking the embrace first. Cassian's hands were still around her waist.

"I'll see you tonight, then." She said, her voice sounding forigen and inhuman to her ears. 

But if it sounded strange to Cassian he didn't show it. He simply nodded. 

When Nesta turned to leave, though, Cassian pulled her back, the hands around her waist a bear trap. 

Nesta opened her mouth to object, but Cassian's lips crashed onto hers before she could make a sound. 

A spatter of blood had ran right across her lips when she had decapitated Terthal. 

Cassian pulled away. "You have no idea how releived I am to see you. This morning has been.." 

Nesta took a step back, physically removing his hands from her waist. 

"I'll see you tonight, then." She repeated. 

Cassian said nothing as she turned and continued walking. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Verra didn't knock as they entered the Main Hall. 

Rhys was sitting at the head of the table, surrounded by angry males all shouting about something. Lori nodded to them from the corner where she stood behind Rhys. Azriel sat to Rhys's right. Devlond sat in silence to his left. 

Verra caught Azriel's eye, summoning him with their head. 

The spymaster stood, crossing to the doorway where Verra shut the door behind them. 

The Illyrian said nothing as he aproached, so Verra spoke first. 

"I need Rhysand to come with me." They said, as calmly and quietly as they could. 

Azriel narrowed his eyes. Verra added, "It's about Feyre." 

At even the quietest metion of his mate's name, Rhys's attention snapped over Azriels shoulder and onto Verra. 

Verra nodded, confirming what Rhys had heard. 

Rhys stood, announcing to the males around the table, "My second is going to continue this meeting." 

The males roared, until a third figure stepped out of the darkness, one Verra had not seen when they first walked in. 

Amren stepped from the wall by Lori to sit at the chair Rhys had just left. The males were silent. 

Verra opened the door as the anchient one spoke, "Shall we continue?" 

Rhys and Verra walked quickly through the camp, the healers place just a little ways away from the main hall. Verra could read the worry all over Rhys, though he was doing a good job of hiding it while they were in view of the others aorund them. Once they left camp though and were in view of the enterance, Rhys broke into a run and entered the exam space several paces before Verra. 

As they entered the space, Verra could hear their voices- Rhys's full of concern and worry and Feyre's not much more confident. 

Verra let themselves wonder, only for a moment, what it would be like to have someone care about them like that. 

Pulling back the canvas, Verra saw a pale Feyre sitting up and being supported by a very red Rhys. Feyre stilled as soon as Verra entered the space.