no overstepping

Gloria's pov: "Thank you for the ride and showing me around town." I said to Zach as he stopped his car in front of my house.

"And for dinner." I quickly added.

"It's not a problem, the pleasure was all mine." Zach said smiling. "I had a really good time."

"So did I." I said.

"We should hang out again sometime." He said.

"Uh sure, just let me know." I said.

"Looks like I'll be needing your number then." He said grabbing his phone and unlocking it for me before he handed it to me.

I chuckled taking his phone and quickly adding my number into his phone.

"Looks like you'll actually have to text me now." I said.

"Oh don't worry I'm planning on it." He said with a smirk on his face.

"See you later, Zach." I said getting out of his car.

I shut the door behind me and walked up to my front porch. I opened my front door and turned to wave goodbye to Zach one more time before I went inside my house.

"You're late." My mom said with her arms crossed as I walked into the kitchen.

"Sorry, we lost track of time." I said.

"It's okay, I'm just glad you made a friend and that you got home safely." She said, coming up to me and giving me a hug.

I sighed in relief since she wasn't actually mad at me. Plus I was only a few minutes late so I knew she wouldn't be too mad.

"So what's your friend's name, you never told me it when you called me?" She asked.

I had purposely not mentioned Zach's name because I didn't even tell her that the friend I had made and was hanging out with was a guy.

"Zach." I said.

"Oh, I didn't realize you were hanging out with a boy." She said raising her right eyebrow.

I shrugged.

"You didn't ask." I said.

"I didn't realize I had to ask." She said. "Tell me about him."

"He's in most of my classes and he's really nice." I said.

"Is he cute?" She asked.

"Mom!" I exclaimed.

She laughed.

"What? Is that such a bad thing to ask?" She asked.

I rolled my eyes, but smiled.

"He's just a friend." I said.

"That didn't answer my question." She said.

"I don't know, I think it did." I said, still ignoring her question.

"Okay, okay no overstepping I get it." She said.

"What did you two do anyways?" She asked.

"He took me to this diner called Fred 62, we ate and had milkshakes there then he showed me around town." I said.

"Did you have a good time?" She asked.

"Yeah, I think I'm going to like it here." I said.

"Good, I'm so glad you like it here because I think we'll be here for awhile." She said.

"So no more moving?" I asked.

"Hopefully, at least not for awhile." She said.

I smiled, hoping that it is true because I am honestly tired of moving around all the time and having to settle into a new house and make new friends that end up just leaving in a year or sometimes we leave without even being there for a year.