Chapter 7: A Delightful Person

After being force-fed by Tanishka last night, Sharanya wakes up normal. Her stomach isn't growling in the morning like it has been for the past few days. She hasn't been eating dinner from Wednesday. Tanishka never found out because she had an excuse of eating early. Sharanya was in bed by 7 even before Tanishka haves her evening tea.

Tanishka works a lot. She is earning enough to provide for her daughter and her lifestyle. Rido is an active child herself. After school she goes to a dance class and on the weekends, she does some sketching. Tanishka picks her up from the class on the way home and they both hit home by 6.

Rido's active blood sometimes gets hard on Tanishka. Her daughter demands to play with her friends in the evening. She must get Rido ready when all she wants to do is lie down. Tanishka cannot keep track of Shranya's well being in all this rush.

Being a mother is hard and that's why Sharanya never dipped her toe in it. There was no other reason for her staying childless. Just that she won't be able to handle a baby. She cannot even handle herself for god sake. How is she going to be responsible for another life?

Sharanya hasn't been to work for the last week. She told her boss that she has caught a viral fever. The boss has been complicit but if she misses work on Monday then that's going to be a problem. Rido is with Taran for the weekend so Tanishka will surely turn to Sharanya now.

She felt bad about Tanishka not telling her about Taran. But a tiny part of her was glad. Because that just shows how preoccupied Tanishka was and how she didn't bother to ask Sharanya anything. Sharanya prefers it that way.

She still remembers the day she found out what her best friend has been hiding from her. Taran was sneaking out of the house and got caught by her. "Taran? What are you doing here?" She asked him and rubbed her eyes to see him properly. It was 5 in the morning.

"Tanishka and I planned to take Rido for a morning walk. But looks like they both ditched me." He said while neatening his messy hair. Straight out of bed hair. Sharanya's eyes weren't heavy anymore. She noticed his pants. Office pants. She immediately saw through the lie. She has seen movies and read enough novels to understand that Taran has spent the night. That's when she knew, Tanishka has gotten back with her ex-husband.

"Oh. That is a lost cause. Tanu doesn't get up until 6:30. You should take that walk by yourself." She said faking a chuckle. Taran produced an awkward laugh and was out of the apartment in a jiffy. Sharanya sighed and went back to bed without taking that glass of water she woke up for.

But today it is going to be different. The cat is out of the bag. Sharanya can sense that Tanishka wants to give a proper explanation for it. A long one. Sharanya is unsure about her energy for this. But the start of the day has been better than most.

She gets distracted by the smell of chocolate. That uplifts her to get out of her sheets. She ties her hair into a bun and walks to the bathroom for her morning routine. After a while, she reaches the kitchen and as she suspected, Tanishka is making breakfast.

"Good morning." Tanishka greets her flipping the sandwiches on the pan. Tanishka is in her pajamas and her hair is uncombed. She goes to the sink and washes the vegetable board while the sandwiches get ready.

"I smelled some chocolate. Is it Nutella or is it just me craving it?" Sharanya says in a low morning voice.

"Oh no, I tried making swiss chocolate, I know you like it. But I couldn't," Tanishka raises her hands. "Sorry, it is just hot chocolate now."

"How could you be sorry? I love hot chocolate." Sharanya sways her hand carefreely. This day is getting better every second. She thinks. "What do you say Tanu? Shall we go out for some shopping today?"