Collar x Malice

Japanese    カラー×マリスDeveloper    Idea FactoryPublisher    Aksys Games

Japanese カラー×マリス
Developer Idea Factory
Publisher Aksys Games

Story

The protagonist is a policewoman who works in Shinjuku, which had become a dangerous city after a series of brutal incidents popularly referred to as the "X-Day Incident".

She had been busy working in her assigned area everyday in order to keep it safe. But one night, an unknown assailant attacked her and placed a collar built in with poison around her neck.

Amidst the chaos and right before the protagonist's eyes were men with suspicious backgrounds. They're all part of an organization composed of former police officers and have taken it upon themselves to investigate the brutal cases.

Without knowing whether she should trust these men or not, she suddenly became the person who held the key to this massive case.

In order to remove the collar that places her at the edge of death and to liberate Shinjuku from the malice that binds it, she cooperates; beginning to investigate the incidents with the men.

Who holds her life in their hands? Will Shinjuku ever return to its former glory?

The story contuses in Collar x Malice -Unlimited-

Main Characters

Ichika HoshinoThe protagonist, 21 years old

Ichika Hoshino
The protagonist, 21 years old. She's a rookie cop who's been on the job for half a year, and works in the Special Regions Crime Prevention Office, more commonly known as SRCPO, in Shinjuku. She's a strong-willed woman who tries to protect the citizens around her, and will always put the needs of others before her own. She's investigating the X-Day incidents because she believes it is key to unlocking the poison collar that was placed around her neck.
Unlike several otome games where the protagonist's personality changes depending on which route she is going through, Ichika maintains a fairly consistent personality throughout every route. In bad ends, she tends to be too wishy washy, hesitant, or dishonest in her decisions. This leads to no progress being made on the case or, worse, her death or the death of a loved one. Following the good ending routes, she is always hard-working and selfless, but she also tends to be naive and too self-sacrificing.