The veil

"Avada Kedavra"

it all went cold, my face lost all colour and my hands turned to ice. Standing in front of me was my godson, my brave, brilliant godson. Coming here to save me, i wasn't going to sit in grimmauld place, torturing myself whether he's dead or alive, i would do anything for that boy! Anything. And if that includes dying for his safety then so be it. i've never been so proud of him in my whole life. James would be even more prouder.

I watch his eyes ball up and his face droop low in the realisation that i am falling, falling lower and lower. I have lost all balance. My heart has given up and i'm as white as a sheet. I'm gonna keep my word though, he may not be able to see me but i'm never gonna leave his side. Never.

"Noo, NOO! SIRIUS, SIRIUS!" i hear him scream in pain and run forward before Remus, My good friend Moony holds him back, a tear down his face.

I take one quick glance at the scene in front of me, Harry screaming and struggling in the arms of Remus, Tonks and Mad-eye staring at my lifeless body, Kingsley next to Dumbledore and Bellatrix, my deranged cousin who set this curse upon me, slowly making her way down the rock staring at Harry.

It felt like a year for my body to get caught in the veil and i get taken away. Ive changed my mind i don't want to go, i don't want to leave. All the screams of Harry's pains and struggling gets muffled by the souls that penetrate my ears. Dead. Finally Gone.

Suddenly a warmth fills my un beating heart and blood flushes around my body. My heart begins to beat again and i fall out of the veil through the other side. Breathing. Awake. Alive. Ive been giving a second chance. The veil didn't take my soul, it healed it.

I was just about to turn around the corner of the archway, and grab my heartbroken godson and hold him in my arms, when a wicked tune shatters the air.

"I killed Sirius Black, you coming to get me!"

I hear struggling and then sprinting in the direction the song came from, even though she's got it all wrong. Hilarious!

Then i hear a painful noise of Remus. "Harry no!"

My godson had gone after her. Why had no one followed him?!

At that moment i run round the archway and see Moony's tearful eyes freeze in shock.

--------

Hope you enjoyed this little fanfiction, what if Sirius didn't actually die?

Let me know if you want more and ill carry on! Will mean a lot to hear your views. Thankyou.