Chapter 2:

A/N: Since I have been non-existent since who knows, I thought I would write another chapter for today! :)

4 months before Chapter one,

" Mikey come on let me watch TV!" Donnie yelps as Mikey is pushing Donnie around and they begin to "fight" or if that's what they call it. 

I make my way to the kitchen looking for some water since I forgot to take my water bottle into the dojo. I wipe some stray sweat off my forehead and meet Leo in the Kitchen. He is sitting at the table typing into his computer. He doesn't look up from his computer and continues to click, almost entranced at the computer. 

I chuckle slightly and continue on my way to the fridge. I open it up and grab a spare water bottle and before I close it I see a stray piece of cake that April had baked and brought us yesterday. I take it out and eye it, debating if I should actually eat the piece of cake. 

'Would this just be a waste to my workout I just did?'

I open and peel a side of the parchment paper that is covering the piece of cake on the plate. As I was about to use the fork that I pulled out of the cabinet I hear Mikey and Donnie walk in. I look up and Mikey is chuckling as he looks at me, " Didn't you have enough cake yesterday dude?" 

Immediately I get slightly flustered, my heart pounding thinking of what he just said. I feel almost completely different hearing that. It almost feels like I have lost all my pride. 

Yet, that was on the inside. Instead on the outside I burst with anger, trying to defend and make sure that my inside isn't seeping through. That I am still my "Raph" self. That I am the hotheaded one. I can't not be that. Because that's me, right?

" Sure Mikey, it's not like I am the one that got beat up by Baxter last week right? The one who almost got his shell knocked loose." 

After I snap, Mikey backs up and I can see his eyes get a little faded. After I responded I felt slightly bad, hoping he isn't feeling too hurt. He should know I didn't really mean it like that. 

But is that true? I did want to hurt him didn't I. I shouldn't want to but, how come everyone else can snap and say things but yet I can't. It's always like this.

 I sigh and put the cover back onto the cake and slide it back into the fridge. I walk around the island counter top and make my way out, until Leo and Donnie stop me both starting to talk. Leo no paying attention to my existence. 

" Raph come on! Mikey was just joking around. Stop being so hot-headed!" Donnie remarks as he slides his arm onto Mikeys shoulder. 

Leo steps beside Donnie and looks to me, his eyes, his intense blue ones. Yet, his expression is more stern and trying to make me feel less than how I already feel. I sigh and attempt to return his stare, but my intensity is weak. As my brain is still panicking at the thoughts of me, the muscular one becoming something less than that. 

I sigh and look to Mikey and respond, "I'm sorry Mikey." 

After that I turn making my way back to my room, planning to start doing some pushups or something to make up for something that I didn't do or haven't done. To maybe make myself feel better. To maybe somehow make it up to Mikey without saying anything more.

Right before I turn the corner, I can hear Leo respond to Mikey, " Ignore him Mikey, he's just being his jerk self."